George Carlin R.I.P

vbimport

George Carlin, one of the funniest comedians in the last 50 years, has passed away due to heart failure at the age of 71. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-carlin23-2008jun23,0,4144791.story
There are few words I must say about his passing…
Shit, Piss, F***, C***, Cocksucker, Motherf*****, and Tits.

How sad. What were those 7 words George? lol You made me laugh so much through the years > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_on_en_tv/obit_george_carlin

I’m part of the generation that grew up listening to Carlin.I remember when the Seven words act was new.I don’t think the younger generation has any concept of how much TV used to be censored.
I may not get this quote exact but I rember Carlin doing this in an act after Richard Pryor set himself on fire.(I miss Richard too).
Carlin said" Richard had a heart attack so I had a heart attack.Then Richard set himself on fire ,So I think I will just have another heart attack."

oh yeah i remember all that too. Also i was watching the local news here today and they had a clip from an interview from Good Morning America i think it was and George was talking about doing the first SNL show and he was the first guest. He said he was high on cocaine :bigsmile: Remember the hippy dippy weather man? He was just so funny every time i heard or saw him.

There’s more about him on the net too. He had a very rebellious life i’d say :iagree:

** Merged pipemanid’s thread on the same subject with Bob’s **

[QUOTE=Arachne;2082445]** Merged pipemanid’s thread on the same subject with Bob’s **[/QUOTE]lol i just noticed that :eek: :bigsmile: sorry i didn’t know it had already been posted even though i looked in this news section first.

[QUOTE=Bob;2082446]lol i just noticed that :eek: :bigsmile: sorry i didn’t know it had already been posted even though i looked in this news section first.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, no worries, it can be a bit confusing now the News section’s been moved out of the LR :slight_smile:

R.i.p

Gee he was just here a minute ago http://www.yahoo.com/s/905107

And to Lins edit…those are the 7 words George Carlin got arrested for…looks like they are not allowed here either.

[QUOTE=Bob;2082509]

And to Lins edit…those are the 7 words George Carlin got arrested for…looks like they are not allowed here either.[/QUOTE]

I know ;)…but naughty words are naughty words :slight_smile:

Rest in Peace George. I was a fan and couldn’t believe that he was 71. He led a full life and was a hilarious man…he will be missed.

[B]R.I.P.[/B] George, you made me laugh, thank you.

As an amateur comedian (part time only)

All i can say is that this is a sad day for the comedic world. We’ve lost more than just an icon, we’ve lost a philosopher who’s take on modern culture was honest and funny without skipping a beat.

[I]In pace requiscat[/I]

Mr. Carlin you were an inspiration to people like me, and people who just needed to laugh. You’re words, your take on life, and your insights will truly live on.

You will be missed.

Amen.

Bye George…

Thanks for the laughs. RIP.

Yo-

Saw him live in San Jose, CA back in 'bout '73 - never laughed so hard in my life-

He will be missed by millions-eh!!

I grew up with Carlin and learned to appreciate his irreverent humor because it put a real face on the phony baloney of the time. I recall the many mornings that I’ve awakened and poured a bowl of Rice Crispies only to hear his voice recite the line. “Snap crackle, pop, and “F” you.” It was just enough to awaken me with a smile.

R.I.P. and thanks to media he will live on.

RIP mr.carlin You were great>>>> Yo uwill be missed
You were never afraid to say somthin that needed to be said

What impressed me most is…he could do adult themed shows …but still he is the voice of the conductor in the series Thomas The Tank Engine…very versitle