Generic Playbak Not Working

Hi,

I just installed DVDFab Platinum. I used it to create a generic AVI file of a DVD movie. However it won’t play in Windows Media Player (I get sound, but no picture). I have installed the latest Nimo Codec Pack which has always worked before.

Can anybody advise?
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks MattH

[QUOTE=MattHeason;2037852]Hi,

I just installed DVDFab Platinum. I used it to create a generic AVI file of a DVD movie. However it won’t play in Windows Media Player (I get sound, but no picture). I have installed the latest Nimo Codec Pack which has always worked before.

Can anybody advise?
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks MattH[/QUOTE]

I have not tried the generic on dvd fab just yet but have you tried VLC player to see if you get any picture

the default setting for generic using xvid codec & vista media center does not support xvid.

you can play it in vista windows with vlc player, or you can struggle with the geeky hacks that allegedly make vista work with xvid , but I could not get those to work.

Or you can download the free divx bundle & use the trial version of divx converter to change your xvid video into divx. vista is happier with that.

also, request divx support in the dvdfab featues request thread, if enough of us ask for it then maybe one day we’ll get it. ( and as microsoft have no intention of supporting xvid in vista, we need it! )