Generic MP4 2 pass not working

vbimport

Sorry to start a new topic about this, but i have posted this as a bug a few times and not received a response in the main build threads, and the problem still persists months on from when i reported it. (That could also mean that this is only affecting me).

DVDfab platinum is crashing at the end of the second pass when setting muti title dvds converting. This happens almost every time I do a dvd. It sometimes happens after the 4th task (pass 2 of the second title of a dvd), or sometimes the 8th, or 12th. Seems pretty random.
When I close the “windows troubleshooting” message window DVDfab is still loaded and has hung at the end of the task. So I click on “cancel” to stop the conversion, and then “finish” and then remove the titles that were successfully converted from the list and start converting again.

I am running Windows Vista Home premium with 2gb RAM. The issue occurs even though no other software (other than the kaspersky anitvirus software) is being used at the time. I using ripped DVD images (using dvdfab) and the save location for converted files is on the local disk.

Any advice regarding this issue appreciated. If it’s a bug, then a bug fix would be doubly appreciated.
Thanks

I’m having the exact same issue with the PS3 profile (which I think is very similar to the generic .mp4 profile). Sometimes on the first movie, sometimes the second, etc., after the 2nd pass, it gives what looks to me like a JIT (I think that’s what java calls it) error, then if I ignore or cancel the error, it just continues to run the job perpetually, until I click cancel for the project. Very strange, indeed.

Anything, guys?

Update:

Actually, here’s what my error message states. Is this pretty much the same as yours, brihanrohan?

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion Failed

Program: C:\progra~1\dvdfab~1\dvdfabconsole.exe
File: encoder/slicetype.c
Line: 375

Expression: h->frames.b_have_lowres

I was mistaken before. It wasn’t a JIT error, but it states at the bottom that JIT must be installed to debug it.

Same problem, emailed support they suggested i install the beta it became little better but after installing the released version its now every time.

Same here… maybe feng can look into for the next release.

Bump

Yeah double bump.

I’ve noticed that this generally tends to happen on the shorter length titles (trailers and the like), but after it has happened once, it then happens on each subsequent title that you try to encode. The only solution is to restart the computer nd launch DVDfab again.

DVDfab is good sotware when it’s working, but this one issue makes ripping my dvd collection (especially TV dvds) a time consuming and stressful ordeal.

Hoping for this bug to be quashed by the next build.

Ting has acknowledged the assertion error on the 2 pass and he is working on it.

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I’m seeing the assertion failed on converting to PS3. Thanks.

[QUOTE=triggerx44;2058640]Has there been any resolution to this issue? I’m seeing the assertion failed on converting to PS3. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t seen it on Fab 5, have you updated to 5 yet?

Yup, I hesitantly upgraded to 5.0.2.0 hoping it would be fixed… Currently I’m using 5.0.2.0 to rip DVD’s, and then using 3.something to convert to MP4 (I have been unable to convert to MP4 (h264, edited PS3 profile) since version 4.x).