Generic DVD's

vbimport

Does anyone know who makes the Office Depot brand DVD’s ?

We don’;t get them here, but from what I understand, it’s pot luck who’s manufacturing them this week :wink:

I was kinda thinking that… but was hopin someone might have the inside scoop on em :wink:

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2078883]I was kinda thinking that… but was hopin someone might have the inside scoop on em ;)[/QUOTE]

Probably the best you can hope for, is a list of manufacturers known under the OD brand. I don’t think anyone will be able to pinpoint one specific manufacturer, though :slight_smile:

But hey, you never know!

Edit: OK, found this info on videohelp.com - since you don’t mention speed, I assume 16x:

OD 16x DVD-R

RITEKF1

OD 16x DVD+R

RICOHJPNR03
RITEK…P16

Even info on how I could ID em would come in handy :slight_smile:
Bemember I dunno much bout this stuff… so any info would be helpful :slight_smile:

Videohelp.com eh? will have to check it out … thanks Arachne :wink:

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2078892]Even info on how I could ID em would come in handy :slight_smile:
Bemember I dunno much bout this stuff… so any info would be helpful :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, you’d need to get the discs first, but OD regulars may be able to tell you how to identify a particular manfuacturer from the packaging :wink:

If you already have the discs, identifying the manufacturer is easy - download CD-DVD Speed (or DiscSpeed, as I believe it’s now called), put your disc in your drive, go to the “Disc Info” tab.

There you’ll see MID (Media/Manufacturer ID) and Manufacturer :wink:

Edit: Yep, Videohelp.com is one of those must-have links :wink:

Here Soul > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/

I don’t have em yet … but the price is decent so was considering checking em out. Thanks for the info Arachne :flower:
will be folowing up on the program you suggested …

CD/DVD Speed (or DiscSpeed) is one of those must-have programs. DVD Identifier is another one for DVD media :slight_smile:

Thanks Bob will bookmark that for future reference :slight_smile:

Ummm I think I have discspeed on nero 8 ultra :frowning: but is at me Mum’s :sad:

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2078904]Ummm I think I have discspeed on nero 8 ultra :frowning: but is at me Mum’s :sad:[/QUOTE]

You can download Nero CD DVD Speed for free :flower:
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Well that just saved me $5 in postage LOL
Thanks pepst :cool: