Generals expansion pak?

I have generals on the virtual drive that I used clonecd to make. If I buy the expansion pak now, can I use it? I may not be able to find the original CD. Would I have to burn a new general CD and then install it differently in order to use the expansion pak? sorry for the newbie question but thanks for any replies.

The Virtual CD drive in CloneCD is blacklisted by SD2.9x on some game titles. Installing patches or expansion packs sometimes updates older protection with new features e.g. a black list :wink: Otherwise running from a Virtual Drive makes no difference (as long as the image is working)

If one was to complain and call a game company regarding this issue, what would they say, how would they respond? I see no answer that would be completely justified without admitting blocking other software intentionally.

Originally posted by xtacydima
If one was to complain and call a game company regarding this issue, what would they say, how would they respond?
The game forums are full of complaints but they concern issues like blacklisting a Liteon burner using the original CD! Yes, this happened. Gamers were advised to unplug their burner while playing ala Neverwinter Nights and Bioware