GEneral questions about DVD subtitles and size

I have a few Questions :

1. I have a DVD decrypter and whenever I rip the DVD to play it later on - the voice is unbelievably feeble or low. I increased the volume to max ( Wav, Audio , Software ) but no results ?

2. Is it possible to make an AVI and also use various subtitles at the same time ( depending on the user ) Is there any dedicated subtitle file for a particular film which can be downloaded from the internet ?

3. Can I have a kind of a file which is of lesser size but which has all the features (except video and sound quality ) as of a DVD. I mean subtitles and various languages .

4. Whats DVD shrink? Is it just copying a DVD to the HDD or does it also shrink the size. I had also copied once using Explorer directly into the HDD and it had worked , then what does these SW actually do ?

P.S I have also went through the thread about ‘guide to subtitles’ in this forum.

ratdvd is supposed to rip a dvd to a single file keeping all menus and such and if you have the right codecs can be played back on media player i have the software just not used it yet.

[QUOTE=vikbuddy;1619342]4. Whats DVD shrink? Is it just copying a DVD to the HDD or does it also shrink the size. [/QUOTE]
1.) DVDD does not degrade the audio in any way.

2./3.) Use AutoGK with external subtitles enabled.

4.) Mmh, what’s the word “shrink” in the title hinting at?