General Help With Using Clone Dvd/anydvd

I recently purchased CloneDvd and AnyDVD from Slysoft website. I am not very technically oriented at all so I am having great difficulty with using the product. I have read the manual and the CDFreaks CloneDvd AnyDvd manual but to no avail I understand the basics of the program but it seems as though it is taking forever to copy a movie (I am trying to burn one right now and it is telling me that the estimated time is 1200 minutes!!! (In the Copy DVD title mode, just trying to copy the movie) and even when I let the program run all day, it froze @ 70% for The Underclassman!!! I have the latest version of AnyDVD which was sent to me yesterday from Slysoft. I am using brand new, clean DVD-R discs which are totally compatible with my Sony DVD Burner I have checked the tech specs on my computer and have more than enough RAM and hard drive space for the product but can someone please give me some simple steps and pointers so that I can successfully burn a movie w/o waiting 20 hours to do so?

@ benjaminvaughanjr,

Welcome to the Forum.

Perchance have you insured that you are operating in the DMA mode and not PIO mode?

Suggest viewing the below Forum Posting and note Forum Member ireland’s (posting #4) comments concerning setting DMA.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=150240

Best Regards,
bjkg

BJKA is right; good place to check. My problem will give you a hint on how to proceed

My problem is that I do not know how to burn directly from the Source DVD to the Receiving DVD.
Have Nero
and Shrink
I don’t see how you can compress from 8gb to 4gb without first downloading to the hard drive. Don’t need too much theory, need the 'how to aspect!'
TUVM

You should let these programs transcode to the temp file, then proceed to the burn stage. Your success rate will be greater, than trying to burn on the fly.
Better still is to create DVD files, or an ISO on your hard drive. These files can be previewed with a media player. If you like your results, then burn to disk.