General DVDFab Platinum questions

OK…
After asking some questions in the newbie forum I settled on DVDFab Platinum and am currently in my 30 day trial testing it out…
It is very easy to use but I was a little surprised at how little can be configured compared to other programs. It does an admirable job though with what I have thrown at it thus far and the support is second to none but I have a few questions…

I am doing a 1:1 copy of the disc to hard drive and it creates an .iso file.
I was hoping to watch the movie straight from the .iso image on my hard drive which does not seem possible?

Alternatively, I was hoping to rip the main movie to the hard drive from the .iso image also on the hard drive but it does not appear to allow that selection from DVDFab. The source location will not see the .iso file
in that configuration.

Are either of these things possible or am I dreaming the impossible?

Next question:

The .iso image that is created by DVDFab - does that have copy protection removed from it or is it quite literally an exact copy?

And finally,

If based on the answers above, I scrap my idea of working from the .iso files and decide to rip the TS files to my hard disc instead, I want to have no compression… is my only choice to select DVD9 to accomplish this?

I am at work right now and have no had much time to play around with this…
Thanks for any and all answers, you guys are great and have already hepled alot. I am probably over my limit for questions this week! :slight_smile:

I am doing a 1:1 copy of the disc to hard drive and it creates an .iso file.
I was hoping to watch the movie straight from the .iso image on my hard drive which does not seem possible?

Alternatively, I was hoping to rip the main movie to the hard drive from the .iso image also on the hard drive but it does not appear to allow that selection from DVDFab. The source location will not see the .iso file
in that configuration.

Unfortunately you do not make much sense :confused:
There are sooooo many solutions to unpack the iso, like unpacking with winrar.
Prefferably mount the iso with your virtual drive, it is that easy. Personally I love daemon tools, works great with all image files :clap: :clap:

Yes, it is possible…
Recommend that you use VLC media player…link , free and will play just about anything.

Sounds like motorcycle answered that one

In clone mode, it’s an exact copy, the original layer break is preserved. All copy protection is removed from any copy protected disc, no matter what mode…otherwise you would be unable to rip it to your hdd.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and yes, you’ve exceeded your limit for questions this week…
just kidding… :wink:

Thank you motorcycle. I may have not made sense to you but your answer made sense to me so that’s a good thing.

Maineman, VLC looks like it will suit my needs, thanks for the link.
Also, thanks for the information about DVDFab in clone mode… Of course! It is called “[B]copy[/B] protection” so if I was able to [I]copy[/I] it then it obviously removed the protection. I mean “DUH”… Now, I will go hit myself in the head for asking that!
In all fairness, I was at work and didn’t have much time to think about such stuff :slight_smile:

Anyways, off to order some dual layers discs… thanks again

I remember fengtao stating that protection & rc was removeded in clone mode as well as all other modes.

Mack

Took awhile but I found fengtao’s quote, back in some of first versions of 3.0.2.0 that have been removed or archived.

[I][B]Skypx, since you are using Clone, DVDFab try to keep original structure as much as possible, so DVD Region+CSS Free will give fake info about it. Never mind, it doesn’t affect anything, and you backup copy is good.[/B][/I]

Mack