Geforce gtx 1080

[QUOTE=alan1476;2774093]GTX 960 EVGA card came with backplates here, great card for 200 bucks, they even can encode and decode using Cuda ( Maxwell) one of the only cards that can do it.[/QUOTE]

Now $170.00 After rebate. I was thinking of upgrading to this. Not sure if my I7-2600k will bottle neck this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487155&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL060316&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL060316--EMC-060316-Latest--DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14487155-S0B

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2775537]Now $170.00 After rebate. I was thinking of upgrading to this. Not sure if my I7-2600k will bottle neck this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487155&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL060316&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL060316--EMC-060316-Latest--DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14487155-S0B[/QUOTE]

This card will be great for you with your 2600k. My son went from a 560ti to a 2GB 960 and it was a big improvement for him.

[QUOTE=mrloren;2775540]This card will be great for you with your 2600k. My son went from a 560ti to a 2GB 960 and it was a big improvement for him.[/QUOTE]

Thank You…

[QUOTE=vroom;2774097]any scientific data to back this up??? :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Alan quit when he needed glasses…LOL

I definitely want a 1080 but I may wind up settling for a 1070 due to price. Before I even take that step, however, I need to do a mobo, CPU, RAM upgrade which adds up. In the meantime, my EVGA 780 Classified with the added backplate is surviving well enough for my needs although I am finding the need to turn down graphic settings on more and more newer games. :frowning:

[QUOTE=mrloren;2775540]This card will be great for you with your 2600k. My son went from a 560ti to a 2GB 960 and it was a big improvement for him.[/QUOTE]
Any newer GPU will show a Big Improvement over older GPU that is a fact- doesn’t have to be AMD or Nvidia. Though in this case considering AMD driver debacle I had better luck with Nvidia driver.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2775557]Any newer GPU will show a Big Improvement over older GPU that is a fact- doesn’t have to be AMD or Nvidia. Though in this case considering AMD driver debacle I had better luck with Nvidia driver.[/QUOTE]

I owned and loved the Radeon 4870 and 5870 cards after jumping ship from previous NVIDIA cards. But, yes, the AMD/ATI drivers were beyond awful. I dumped AMD/ATI and went back to NVIDIA. I don’t regret the decision.

i ordered for my new system this puppy http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING/ to replace my asus gtx 680. Should be quite a boost ^^

I am waiting for the Asus 1080Ti Matrix Platnium Card. Then I can sell my 980GTX Matrix Platnium cards.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2775558]I owned and loved the Radeon 4870 and 5870 cards after jumping ship from previous NVIDIA cards. But, yes, the AMD/ATI drivers were beyond awful. I dumped AMD/ATI and went back to NVIDIA. I don’t regret the decision.[/QUOTE]I do know my Gateway NV52 that has AMD GPU I kept the driver at 12.10 and it is stable and works great. I know I tried 13 and 14 and that was a disaster in the making screen and driver problem up the whazoo-once I forced it back to 12.10 all the problems were gone. I think the days of AMD making good Stable drivers is long past. You can have the most ubber GPU but failed GPU driver software and that makes it paper weight. I have my nephew going with 2 970OC MSI in SLI and that will replace the two 770 now and that will up the performance not to mention lower the heat output.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2775610]I am waiting for the Asus 1080Ti Matrix Platnium Card. Then I can sell my 980GTX Matrix Platnium cards.[/QUOTE]
I was planning on a Ti version too but all rl conditions now point to insufficient or no funding at all. Guess I can always sell it off in time to do just that.

For my gaming needs two 970OC 4G will do just fine in SLI. My nephew is getting this setup and I think it will more then suffice for COD and Crysis 3 requirements. If any GPU can’t handle ubber Crysis 3 then it not a GPU Game… for the gamer that is everybody a single GTX970OC 4G will most likely do fine I got one running right now.

The Nvdia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card is out.

Hi coodbe:
Nice to see you here. How have you been?

I am good. Staying healthy and still working two days a week just to keep my brain cells active. I am waiting for VR to mature. The best price I could find on this new graphic card is at newegg.com but they are sold out. Also been checking out specs for the Pioneer Ultra HD Blu-ray burner in this thread:
Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK BDR-S11J-X Ultra HD Blu-ray Burners Coming Next Month

I am keeping tract of the RedFox forums as well. I don’t seem to have any pressing need to update the graphic card at present. My rig can handle it. I have the Corsair RM series RM1000 power supply.

How are you doing?

I am doing as well as I can for my age. I really miss the old timers like you , I am happy to see you are doing well. When you get that new 1080 Ti let us know. Great to hear from you old friend.