Geforce gtx 1080

vbimport

The release of the GEFORCE GTX 1080 was just announced. I saw it in my email. I had registered my 980 Ti this past March.

[QUOTE=coodbe;2773969]The release of the GEFORCE GTX 1080 was just announced. I saw it in my email. I had registered my 980 Ti this past March.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWkdWak1UazJZamRqWkRkayIsInQiOiJYVzhCTTFuS2pjWnZvbzZra29VV0hrdUx6dG1BUDVDTkRLMkVPUjRzMVZIOWVrVUd6aHpvSTk3QVFISHNSVndZbTRKSDRtRzdCM094OEYyTWs5bzM4NlR0VCt2RmlabU9oWnFhNW9wRmZaST0ifQ%3D%3D#cid=eBlast_PascalAnnounce&utm_source=GeForce-Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CTA-button-link&utm_campaign=PascalAnnouncment_050716[/QUOTE] I think that Nvidia has an upgrade program, not really sure, but if I remember correctly, it wasnt a bad deal for people that recently bought.

Thank you Allen. I am going to wait and see how the user benchmarks look in comparison to 980 Ti. I inclined to wait another 10 months and see what the 1080 Ti looks like.

[QUOTE=coodbe;2774062]Thank you Allen. I am going to wait and see how the user benchmarks look in comparison to 980 Ti. I inclined to wait another 10 months and see what the 1080 Ti looks like.[/QUOTE] I am in the same situation, I have 3 rigs and I bought 2 X980 GTX Matrix Platinum, and 1 980Ti GTX Matrix Platinum. So if the new Pascal architecture is better than the Maxwell architecture I will upgrade.:slight_smile:

and feel to send one of those 980 to me :stuck_out_tongue: (just joking)
I am sure that new 1080 will be faster and more power efficient, but it all comes down to what you do with your graphics card and how demanding you are in the “display” settings of your games.
VR should also see benefits from new and more powerful GPU.

Not quite there Im afraid - Expensive motherboard, expensive processor, expensive RAM, expensive soundcard and then a $50 graphics card to throw in there unless there is a MB gfx card that will do the job :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2774082]Not quite there Im afraid - Expensive motherboard, expensive processor, expensive RAM, expensive soundcard and then a $50 graphics card to throw in there unless there is a MB gfx card that will do the job :p[/QUOTE]

You can’t even play pong on a 50 dollars graphics card LOL:):disagree:

but mame is going to work and for some this is more than enough, only if you can have the same controller as the ones on the arcade, it would be lovely.

I think that you (OK [B]I[/B]) can play something with a GTX960 :wink:

[QUOTE=vroom;2774091]but mame is going to work and for some this is more than enough, only if you can have the same controller as the ones on the arcade, it would be lovely.

I think that you (OK [B]I[/B]) can play something with a GTX960 ;)[/QUOTE] GTX 960 EVGA card came with backplates here, great card for 200 bucks, they even can encode and decode using Cuda ( Maxwell) one of the only cards that can do it.

Ooooh yes, My old (home built) Amiga Joystick still works and is used for Amiga Forever. Then I have X-Arcade’s Tank Stick with trackball and even two player :slight_smile: … No NVidia needed in the mix.
The games of today does for the most take too much time, way more than I have available and so you are spot on vroom. Nothing like a nice game of Crystal Castles from 1983 using a trackball - Or how about Marble Madness :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Reality-check, you can play Pong :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2774094]Ooooh yes, My old (home built) Amiga Joystick still works and is used for Amiga Forever. Then I have X-Arcade’s Tank Stick with trackball and even two player :slight_smile: … No NVidia needed in the mix.
The games of today does for the most take too much time, way more than I have available and so you are spot on vroom. Nothing like a nice game of Crystal Castles from 1983 using a trackball - Or how about Marble Madness :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Reality-check, you can play Pong :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] Dont play with that joystick to much, you will go blind. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2774095]Dont play with that joystick to much, you will go blind. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

any scientific data to back this up??? :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2774095]Dont play with that joystick to much, you will go blind. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

It would depend on the server hardware, but if that looks like this cocktail server hardware:

I’d think I would be safe… Don’t you? Especially with such a graphics card installed :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2774099]It would depend on the server hardware, but if that looks like this cocktail server hardware:

I’d think I would be safe… Don’t you? Especially with such a graphics card installed :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thats the high end model, too much maintenance involved. LOL.:iagree:

If you are looking for the best you should be paying the extra that is needed for maintenance, if not you can always opt for 750ti :wink: less expensive and less maintenance evolved.

[QUOTE=vroom;2774159]If you are looking for the best you should be paying the extra that is needed for maintenance, if not you can always opt for 750ti :wink: less expensive and less maintenance evolved.[/QUOTE] The 750Ti was the first card with Maxwell Architecture, however it does not work with Cuda enabled programs like the 900 series does. Especially the GTX960.

[QUOTE=vroom;2774159]If you are looking for the best you should be paying the extra that is needed for maintenance, if not you can always opt for 750ti :wink: less expensive and less maintenance evolved.[/QUOTE]
Sticking with MSI GTX970OC 4G card works fine for my needs and gaming. I don’t do COD, GTA 5 or Crysis 3 and the likes so my setup works good. I only game RPG on my computer so I don’t push the GPU much. For gaming I have Nintendo NEW 3DS XL for those functions. And I have fun playing on them. Grew up with Amiga, Apple IIe, Mac, IBM, Atari, Tandy, Nintendo and the likes so I can still survive.

USA pricing is reasonable - Australia this card is double that!

Prices in the US are always good, also the price of the 1080 here (Greece) is closer to 900 euros, so if you have anything above a GTX 970 and you are not running it in a 4K resolution then i think that most people will stick with what they have, at least in this part of the world.

Unless AMD manages to pull something out of their sleeve.

The 1080 is priced between £539 - £649 here.
I’m not a gamer, so I will be sticking with my GTX950 for a good while.