Geforce 6200 AGP - need VGA Bios

vbimport

Hi,

I just ran across an ugly VGA Bios bug of my old XFX AGP card with Geforce 6200 chip: In case there is a bluescreen, the monitor switches of with “out-of-range”. I was able to identify the VGA card as the culprit.
Suspecting there is some Bios bug, I tried to crossflash the card with a MSI VGA bios. Worked, also the problem had gone. Unfortunately, the MSI bios is for a card with 128 MB, my XFX has 256 MB.

So I need a VGA Bios for a
Geforce 6200 AGP (NV44), 256 MB RAM (64bit)
Core: 350 MHz
Memory: 200 MHz (400 MHz DDR)

I have already searched techpowerup.com and mvktech.net without success. Asus VGA Bios don’t work for some reasons.

Maybe someone has such a card and can backup his VGA Bios with either nvflash or NiBiTor (both available on mvktech.net.

Thanks in advance
Michael

Tried emailing XFX?
//Danne

Hi,[quote=DiiZzY;2133824]Tried emailing XFX?[/quote]yes, I contacted XFX support. “sorry there is no bios update for this card”. And I don’t think there will be a solution since the card is 3 years old.

Michael

To be honest I dont see the issue with “only” 128Mb on that card, the GPU is too slow to handle larger textures than that anyway.
//Danne

Hi,[quote=DiiZzY;2133980]To be honest I dont see the issue with “only” 128Mb on that card, the GPU is too slow to handle larger textures than that anyway.[/quote]I don’t mind about the (non-existent) “gaming capabilities” beyond Freecell or Minesweeper, so even 128 would be okay for me.
But I am not sure if there will be any other nasty side effects if 128 of 256 MB are disabled by firmware. That’s what I want to avoid if possible.

Michael

Maybe something here ?
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=&manufacturer=&model=6200&interface=&memSize=0

Hi,[quote=jflan;2134416]Maybe something here ?
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=&manufacturer=&model=6200&interface=&memSize=0[/quote]

I got the MSI VGA Bios from there, it works, but unfortunately it stems from a 128MB card (there are 256MB present).

Thanks,
Michael