GE24LU20 - Doesn't Recognize Blank DVD-R / DVD-RW

vbimport

:confused: Hello,
My LG GE24LU20 just started acting up. It will recognize (and prompt through Windows Auto Play) CD and blank or burned CD-R/CD-RW. Also DVDs, but not blank DVD-R or DVD-RW.
Every time I put in a blank DVD-R or DVD-RW, Windows Explorer shows ā€œNot Respondingā€, then prompts me to ā€œRestart Programā€. After that, Explorer freezes and everything on my desktop disappears until I take out the DVD-R/DVD-RW. The only thing I have changed is the addition of a Tascam 2000 audio interface, along with Cubase LE4 software. I am running Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2 with all of my drivers updated. I have Nero 9 installed as well.
Note: I downloaded Driver Boost to scan for outdated drivers. Its scan showed that the IntelĀ® ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller 2929 was out of date, but when I went through Device Manager it stated that the driver WAS up to date. I have no idea what to do next. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Eric :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Eric Holtz;2606140]:confused: Hello,
My LG [U]GE24LU20[/U] just started acting up. It will recognize (and prompt through Windows Auto Play) CD and blank or burned CD-R/CD-RW. Also DVDs, but not blank DVD-R or DVD-RW.
Every time I put in a blank DVD-R or DVD-RW, [/quote]What about the ā€œplusā€ variety?

The only thing I have changed is the addition of a [B]Tascam 2000[/B] audio interface, along with[B] Cubase LE4[/B] software.

Have you already try to restor your system to a time before these changes?

Note: I downloaded Driver Boost to scan for outdated drivers. Its scan showed that the [U]IntelĀ® ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller 2929[/U] was out of date, but when I went through Device Manager it stated that the driver WAS up to date.

These driver scanners are usually useless. Some can even be considered as malware.
Apart from that, your drive is USB connected, so the drivers for internal storage controllers donā€™t matter.

I have no idea what to do next. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Have you already tried the drive with another computer? What happens if you are using DVD writing software?

Michael

:slight_smile: Thank you for the advice and tips. I tried other PCs too and it crashed them also. It is being sent back to LG under warranty as defective.