Gdr 8163b not spinning

vbimport

hi,
i have a lg gdr 8163b dvd rom. i wanted to make it work in xbox following this tutorial. (http://www.paccforce.de/tutorial/Tutorial_GDR-8163B.pdf) i flashed the lg 8050l (lg xbox drive) firmware onto it. it was sucessfull. i then wired it up as described in the tut. it worked fine in xbox and pc( windows xp detected it as 8050l), but i then took it out to connectit to xbox dvd power cable properly, and when i finished, it wont spin any disks. xbox and windows still recognise the drive though.

i tried it with cover off. the laser will not move either unless i move it myself, but it does light up red for a second. if i put the laser up right next to the spindle, it will eject immediatly, whereas if i put it up the other end of the slide thing, it takes about ten seconds to eject after u push the eject button (on drive and on xbox case)

i dont know what i did, but i seem to have damaged the drive. does anyone know how to fix it? also, flashing the 8163b firmware wouldnt fix it would it? (i dont see how it would though)

if u need any more info, please ask.

thanks
nick

You’ve killed your drive.

Buy a new one.

damn. i was afraid that would be the case. thanks anyway.

You could try with any flasher you can find anyway, it doesn’t matter now…