GateWay Monitor won't turn on!

Anyone have a diagram of a FPD1750 Gateway Monitor? Turned my computer off lastnight and went to the movies with the wife. When we came back I rebooted the PC. Well the monitor never came back on. The power button on the monitor doesn’t even light up anymore. Black screen and power button does nothing. Monitor power cord is a straight to outlet cord, no brick adapter.

Took monitor apart and couldn’t find anything that might be loose or shorted or even maybe fried. Everything looks intact. Only thing I didn’t get into yet was taking the screen itself apart.

Before faulting the monitor I would want to test the computer against a known, working monitor.

It is possible that it is not the monitor at all, but a setting in BIOS.
The most common way that this errant “setting” can happen is if your CMOS battery goes bad and drops your BIOS settings to default.
If your mobo’s default VGA setting is PCI (bus) and you are using say a discrete AGP card, your system will be looking in the wrong place for a signal.

Before checking your CMOS battery with a digital voltmeter (or replacing it), go into your BIOS and check those settings.
It is usually under the “Integrated Peripherals” section and the line item is “Init Display First” (or similar)

Check your connections between the monitor and GPU for loose or bad connections. Also test that monitor with a working GPU card to test if the monitor is bad. Also take out the GPU and put that into a working monitor and computer to see if the GPU is bad or working. But first if we know what kinda system you have might go along way to find out what is going on.

Bought a new monitor and it works just fine when hooked up to my computer. I knew it was the monitor from the start. All black screen, not even a “NO SIGNAL” message.

When the old monitor is plugged in you can hear a slight “strobbing” sound from the back of the monitor. I took this thing apart 2 times and I can’t figure out what is wrong with it. I even took the tubes out from the screen and connected them to the inverter and plugged it back in to see if the tubes would light up. Well nothing, don’t know if it’s because the the whole thing needs to be in the case to create a good ground or if my “inverter” is shot.

The LED on the “button” circuit card doesn’t even light up. I’m talking your buttons that either turn the monitor on or off and adjust your brightness etc. well that circuit card has an LED on it to either show BLUE or GREEN or ORANGE I think depending what mode your monitor is in. That doesn’t light up.

So I think the problem lies in the power/inverter board. It’s a Lien Chang AI-0066-PCB. I can’t find any parts for it or a replacement board.

Any suggestions now? I wanna repair it, just to say I did and then either save it or sell it.

Best is to sell it to used computer store where they can fix it and sell it to another buyer or use it for parts.

Are they common stores?

[QUOTE=AllStar80;2168361]
Any suggestions now? I wanna repair it, just to say I did and then either save it or sell it.[/QUOTE]

1. email Gateway support and ask for a parts suppliers list.
    They should at least know who they are selling their parts to.
    If that doesn’t work, then ask for their Service Center contact info.
    You may be able to wrangle your part directly from them.

2. eBay it for parts/repair

3. Recycle it

I did the whole Gateway chat thing yesterday and they said to take it to someone to repair it. But I didn’t ask for their parts suppliers.

I found the circuit card I need but it isn’t in the USA and was hard to find and cost a lot more than the trouble is worth! LOL

Here is the link to the board:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/m1710a-bz-pcb-psu-lg-ai-0066-pcb-rev-1.htm

[QUOTE=AllStar80;2168432]I found the circuit card I need but it isn’t in the USA and was hard to find and cost a lot more than the trouble is worth! LOL

Here is the link to the board:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/m1710a-bz-pcb-psu-lg-ai-0066-pcb-rev-1.htm[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and then it’s a roll of the dice…
I’d take option 2 or 3

63.65 GBP = 94.8447 USD

Wow, thats a lot just for the inverter board. Took me while to figure out how to convert pounds to US dollars. I can’t EBAY it right now. Work won’t allow that site, LOL

I wouldn’t bet on it being the “inverter board.” It uses a switching power supply so there are many tings that could have turned it off. If you disconnect the power supply and all the voltages are there you will have a starting point. There are a lot of these listed on the internet and most are broken. I personally never buy anything with the name Gateway on it was you can never get parts for them and if you do they are way overpriced.

I got a ACER 22’ Wide Screen for $169 brand new to replace the Gateway 17’