Gap Length Question

I new here (first post) and I am going crazy trying to figure out how to take the gap length out of a particular song. I am using Dell Jukebox powered by Musicmatch. And Dell couldn’t help me (after being on hold for two hours).

Here’s the situation. I am a choir director, and we usually sing with accompaniment CD’s. Due to the nature of a choir accompaniment CD, there are several ‘trax’ or ‘chapters’ on one song so that when rehearsing, you don’t have to go all the way back to the beginning of the song to work on something. You just go back to the closest track that you need to work on within that particular song.

I need to burn several of these onto one CD, and when I download the CD to my computer, there’s a gap between each cut (even it doesn’t do this on the original CD). I know that I need to get rid of the gap length, but I can’t figure out how to do that. I’ve gone in and set the gap length to zero and then burned it…but it still gives me the gap. Can anyone help? I need this CD tomorrow!

I would have posted earlier, but I had no idea it would do this, and I wasn’t even familiar with the term gap length until yesterday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vicki

Hi,

maybe the software you are using does not support this option.
Nero allows “not to have a 2 seconds gap between two tracks”. You might also have a look at http://cdburnerxp.se/ which is free:
“audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks”

Michael

Thanks, Michael. I see that there is a gap length option on Musicmatch, I just can’t get it to work. I’ll try the website you provided. Thanks for the suggestion!

vicki