Games running slow

i have a family member who just bought a new pc and has probs running games that the graphics card should easily be able to run at fast speeds the graphics card model is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 it has 1065mb and my laptop has a NVIDIA GeForce GO 6800 with 256mb and yet my laptop which is several years old can play games like cod4 at decent speeds where as the new pc cant even play it without extreme lag at lowest settings i have cheked it and it runs at bout 7 fps i have updated the drivers but it doesnt help if you need anymore information please ask and i will give what is needed because i wanna fix this prob asap so i can play cod4 with my lil bro XD

Hi,

the Geforce 6150 series is a chipset integrated video adapter that has enough power to run solitaire at full speed. But that’s all.
It is an old chip that is inferior to the Geforce 6200 which isn’t gaming capable also. If your family member wants to play games, a good add-on VGA card is mandatory.

Michael

ty for the quick reply i asked my brother if it was intergrated he said no guess i gotta tell him wat 2 do nxt

[QUOTE=boltyhead;2500857]ty for the quick reply i asked my brother if it was intergrated he said no guess i gotta tell him wat 2 do nxt[/QUOTE]

The GeForce Go 6800 is not a GPU that’s integrated into the system’s core-logic chipset. It is actually a separate GPU mounted onto the laptop’s motherboard, running its own dedicated memory. The GeForce 6150SE, on the other hand, is not only integrated into the motherboard’s core-logic chipset, but also relies heavily on the desktop system’s CPU and system RAM. And the system RAM will never be as fast - nor will the latencies be as low - as dedicated graphics RAM.

[QUOTE=boltyhead;2500857]ty for the quick reply i asked my brother if it was intergrated he said no guess i gotta tell him wat 2 do nxt[/QUOTE]

If the MB has a PCIx16 slot then getting a cheap video card that can play games would be the way to go. But if it has the older AGP video slot, then you might want to consider saving up for a new PC. If you want to build a new PC, you can start a new thread with a budget and we can help. :slight_smile: