Gamejack and Starforce

I was reading the Gamejack site information and it claims it can copies/emulate starforce. This means it can do one or the other, or both. Has anybody had a chance to try out a Starforce protected title?

Personally it think they are full of it !

Read somewhere that its nothing more than a win32 port from other platforms burning software (linux ?) :frowning:

So unless I, and lots of others, see some actual results instead of toughtalk than maybe this baby will take off, till then, I wont even look at it !

There are enough programs which do DO what they tell, we dont need more fakes !

And starforce is used on what ??? 1 game or something ? like tages ?
It was hot for some weeks/months but now noone even talks about it anymore !

Greets

Well maybe, maybe not, can’t say too much cause apparently nobody has tried. SirDavidGuy says he knows how it works, so that is a start.

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
Personally it think they are full of it !

Read somewhere that its nothing more than a win32 port from other platforms burning software (linux ?) :frowning:

Ah the sweet smell of rumours :smiley:
And what might that “other platforms burning software” be? Maybe you could first have a look at what you’re talking about, would be useful :smiley:

So unless I, and lots of others, see some actual results instead of toughtalk than maybe this baby will take off, till then, I wont even look at it !

Why don’t you simply try it? There is a free trial version on the website… too lame to download it?
:bigsmile:

There are enough programs which do DO what they tell, we dont need more fakes !

And starforce is used on what ??? 1 game or something ? like tages ?
It was hot for some weeks/months but now noone even talks about it anymore !

Well, what makes you think GameJack is a fake? I wonder if you can even give me an answer besides a dull “I know what I know”… And for Tagès and Starforce… Who says it will never be used again? Besides that, it doesn’t only copy starforce, GameJack does even nicely SD 2.8x, Securom (any version) and so on…

Greets back :smiley:

I can’t try what I can’t read, so until then…

Originally posted by kamikazee
I can’t try what I can’t read, so until then…

Well, you are using english language here, so I assume you can read it as well. So what’s the problem? :bigsmile:

no where was it posted that it was now in english.

Starforce titles are mainly used in Russian and other nations around it.

Doubt it would be mass produced in nations were games well big because Starforce is very pricey to add to cd’s

I believe that an english language version has just been released though all the help files and the like are still in german.

@the_morph :

Well u have some good points, maybe I’m just to focussed on blindsuite/clonecd saga to enjoy anything new.
BUT :

I’m just wondering why you see a gradual improvement in software like blindsuite and clonecd, they start of a something basic and improve over the months/years.
Furthermore, theres always some kind of buildup towards defeating a copy protection, see all the securom 4.8xx threads, you’ll see a gradual increase in knowledge and finally a backup solution.

What I’m trying to say is … there has been no such thing about tages, noone (blindwrite/clonecd/etc/etc/) is even close in starforce and tages.
And boom ! here comes a brandnew, unseen program, which noone has ever heard of, and it claims to copy them all ?!
Just sounds to good te be true !

It took clonecd/blindwrite some years to be this good, did gamejack have the same history or did someone just get up outta bed, thought to himself : ‘lets make me a program which in one blow wipes all protections away ?!’, just sounds a bit unbelievable.

Add to that all the bullshit floating around the net about such programs and there comes my opinion.

But like I said in the beginnen ? I’m thinking bout buying me motoracer 3 and trying it out ! :smiley: :smiley:
Lets see indeed !

Greets

Originally posted by GrOuNdHoG
[B]@the_morph :

Well u have some good points, maybe I’m just to focussed on blindsuite/clonecd saga to enjoy anything new.
BUT :

I’m just wondering why you see a gradual improvement in software like blindsuite and clonecd, they start of a something basic and improve over the months/years.
Furthermore, theres always some kind of buildup towards defeating a copy protection, see all the securom 4.8xx threads, you’ll see a gradual increase in knowledge and finally a backup solution.

What I’m trying to say is … there has been no such thing about tages, noone (blindwrite/clonecd/etc/etc/) is even close in starforce and tages.
And boom ! here comes a brandnew, unseen program, which noone has ever heard of, and it claims to copy them all ?!
Just sounds to good te be true !

It took clonecd/blindwrite some years to be this good, did gamejack have the same history or did someone just get up outta bed, thought to himself : ‘lets make me a program which in one blow wipes all protections away ?!’, just sounds a bit unbelievable.

Add to that all the bullshit floating around the net about such programs and there comes my opinion.

But like I said in the beginnen ? I’m thinking bout buying me motoracer 3 and trying it out ! :smiley: :smiley:
Lets see indeed !

Greets [/B]

Ya know, GameJack 2 isn’t the first version, there was a version 1.x which is AFAIR more than a year old. And for my personal opinion, I rather like mature program releases not so frequently than releases that only work half of the time or less. And as you can see from the bugfix speed (3 releases in 3 days), these guys seem to be smart as well. Maybe you’re true with your idea (“let’s make a program which in one blow wipes all protections away”) :smiley:
BTW, in the usual german lamer discussion boards, people are already demanding GameJack to be banned because it copies everything. LMAO :biggrin:
Companies should start lowering prices and stop wasting money on copy protection licenses that aren’t even worth the paper they are printed on. But instead, they have a glimpse at the music industry and start the same whining. Oh my, these people seem to fail any reality check ™ :biggrin:

heej d00dz !

… and starforce just leaped from russia to taiwan, see what I found recently !

a taiwanese game : “the seventh seal- ressurection of the dark lords” is protected by StarForce 2.0 pro

But this guy claims he cannot get it copied, shall I inform him bout gamejack, this one should do it !
We can test if gamejack does what it claims it does !

Greets

Tagès was considered uncopyiable, SecuROM very new as well. Why should StarForce be? Only because they use “physical parameters”?

English version is released.
May somebody testify that it can work on copying satrforce?
In Taiwan there are more and more games which are protected
by starforce.
So thousands of people would like to know that it can work
or not.

Originally posted by wuchialong
English version is released.
May somebody testify that it can work on copying satrforce?
In Taiwan there are more and more games which are protected
by starforce.
So thousands of people would like to know that it can work
or not.

If you live in Taiwan, fire up your browser, download the trial version from http://www.gamejack.org, install it, borrow a disc with Starforce from somebody and try it. :bigsmile:

And I guess, most important thing would be to give those guys a feedback if you find any discs you can’t play. Copy protections are evolving, and one can’t probably be always uptodate with everything. But I am sure if they can get their hands on something you can’t copy, they’ll update GameJack accordingly :bigsmile:

In order to prove the gamejack’s ability of copying or emulating
STARFORCE,I went to buy a game which protected by STARFORCE
tonight and use gamejack to test it.
The game is called “empire of angels” and presented by a company name SOFTSTAR in Taiwan.
I use TEAC 512EB to read image from the game,and I use gamejack to emulate it.
I test three times in different setting,but the result is all the same.
I am very sorry to say that gamejack can’t emulate STARFORCE.

Hmmmmm thats usefull info… thanks man ! did u buy this game just to test this for us ?! :bow: :bow: :bow: respect to u dude ! :smiley:

But ermm, I do have some pointers though, like u said u burned it a TEAC ?
They are not known for their great burn-it-all capacity !
Like futureproof and such always do…test it on like 20 units, different brands … see what comes out.

No to diss you but this testing is very preliminary … we now know teacs arent good for starforce ! :smiley:
What about liteon, asus, plextor ???

I’m thinking bout buying/renting a game with starforce, but i live in Holland ?! does anyone know of a game with starforce there ?

Greets

Edit:

just look at the hardware tests on elby.org and blindwrite.com , you’ll see what i’m talking about !

hmmmm just an addon for the above, I just went to the gamejack.org page and whatdoyaknow ?!

I could have sworn they also claimed to copy starforce, but its mysteriously dissappeared from the website ?!

Now only securom, safedisk and protectcd are beaten ?!

Hehe, seems I might be right about gamejack after all ?! :confused:
Someone wanna test VOB protectCD 5, maybe it will dissappear too ?! :smiley: :smiley:

greets

As for ProtectCD 5, I already copied Port Royale successfully with GameJack, so it can’t be that bad :smiley:
As you mentioned, it’s difficult to test things if you can’t get any samples. And maybe Starforce updated their copy protection, I guess the gamejack guys will update their software as well :smiley:

Somebody from Taiwan or Russia should contact them and send them some games to test with I guess :smiley:

Starforce can’t be copied by Gamejack.
I don’t know exactly the mechanism, but i know that starforce use dpm as securom and protect cd 5, but starforce is stronger.
Anyway, you should test first using a game that is protected with starforce 1, then, if works, try using a starforce 2, and 3.