Game works in cdrw drive but DVDrom cant even read disc =(

vbimport

i burned gta 3 with my acer 1208A, it is capable of doing sd2.0 that works in all readers fine, but sd 2.5X for some reason only works in cd writer no hide media selected, but when i put it in the dvd rom drive it wont even read the disc, anyone know whats causing this? it would rather it work in dvd rom than cdrw drive but seems everyway i burn this is what happens

well i think i know why it aint working :slight_smile:

your drive might not be able to copy tha newest version of safe disk which i think GTA3 has :frowning:

also what brand of dvd-rom drive do u have if it is a toshiba dvd-rom they are real sensitive to copied games!!!

in tha end i think it boils down 2 your drive not being able to burn it correctly :frowning:

yep i have a toshiba dvd rom, so thats the problem?
also if its my reader then will the backup work in other readers also? the backup is 100% because it works in cdrw drive with no hide cdr media used but reading sucks =(

Originally posted by CHAOSMAN33
There’s a bug in some versions of SD2, take a look for OC-Freak’s thread in the experienced forum. Read with the Toshi and write with the Acer (I have the 1610A) using AWS…just use the deafault Game CD Profile. Toggle Hide CD-R media until the game runs. Use quality media to improve the playability on the Toshi.

Originally posted by CHAOSMAN33
also if its my reader then will the backup work in other readers also? the backup is 100% because it works in cdrw drive with no hide cdr media used but reading sucks =(

yea odds are it is tha problem (toshiba dvd-rom)

also in most other dvd-rom/cd-rom drives my guess is that it should work unless tha drive is sensitive to copied games like your toshiba is. :slight_smile:

good luck :slight_smile:

well i tried it in another computer hitachi dvd player it read it fine, i guess the challenge is making it work on mine ill take your advice FutureProof.