Game Shuts Down

My Game Shuts Down by itself…

Hey everytime i open any kind of game like
Gta San Andreas - Reaches to Intro Loading screen then shuts down without any warning?

Counter Strike 1.6 & Wolfenstein - You can play for a lil while but then Game sometimes shuts down without warning?

What does it mean, could this be a crap video card or something…

please help…

Thanks

Wahid2oo8

You don’t give us much to go on - system specs, including CPU and graphics card?

Could be one of the two is overheating, but others will know more.

Result Under "Right click my computer & properties"
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.81 GHz, 480 MB of RAM

Result Under “Start - Run - dxdiag”

• System
    System Manufacturer: AWARD_
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 480MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

• Display
    Name: SiS 661Fx_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741
    Manufacturer: SiS
    Chip Type: SiS 661FX Rev 01
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

I’m not sure if this is all the information you need or this is the right information you wanted… anyways reply back if you want more info. but please post me a way to show it for example… “click my computer then…post results back here”

btw sorry i think u misunderstood my game shuts down and goes back to desktop NOT COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN THE COMPUTER.

Updated Display Driver

SiS 661Fx_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741

To:
SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series

Looks like you don’t have a dedicated video card (discrete), but rather an on-board solution.
This is where the GPU is built into the mobo rather than a separate card.

Generally speaking, built in graphics are fine for basic computing but cannot handle the high demands that games require.

It [B]may[/B] be possible to move up to a bona fide video card if we had [B]more info[/B]…computer make [B]&[/B] model ? motherboard make [B]&[/B] model ?

[QUOTE=wahid2oo6;2134944]
btw sorry i think u misunderstood my game shuts down and goes back to desktop NOT COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN THE COMPUTER.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. That’s why it’s best to give as much detail (system specs) and be as specific as possible, so that people can help better.

I definitely agree that it may be time to get a dedicated graphics card - for gaming I wouldn’t bother with onboard graphics.

oh ok,
thanks anyway :smiley:
i’ll just buy a new computer, because your right this computer is really pretty old like around 4-5 years. and buying a new motherboard and stuff is just a cost of a new computer.

thanks again :smiley:

[QUOTE=wahid2oo6;2135272]oh ok,
thanks anyway :smiley:
i’ll just buy a new computer, because your right this computer is really pretty old like around 4-5 years. and buying a new motherboard and stuff is just a cost of a new computer.

thanks again :D[/QUOTE]
There are many experienced “hands” on this site, if you want some guidance with your computer purchase, by all means start a new thread.
List the games that you want to run and I’m sure you will get some good computer suggestions.

[QUOTE=jflan;2135274]There are many experienced “hands” on this site, if you want some guidance with your computer purchase, by all means start a new thread.
List the games that you want to run and I’m sure you will get some good computer suggestions.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: