Game profile is jacked

i am having one hell of a time trying to backup warcraft 3. i am using a burnmax32 cdrw drive. when i use the game profile (for read and write) i get audio…wtf? i tried using the data profile and can get the copy to install about 70% of the game and then tell me that a file is missing. what do i need to do to backup this game.

software used:

cloneCD
clonyxxl
cloneCDdb

dunno yet what protection it runs, but i think that this thread will help you a lot.

Originally posted by tims2023
[B]…trying to backup warcraft 3. i am using a burnmax32 cdrw drive. when i use the game profile…
software used:

cloneCD clonyxxl cloneCDdb [/B]
Is your burnmax compatible with CloneCD? Have you read the “must read” links in my signature? (They are sticky posts, pinned to the top of this forum ;)) Have you searched on WC3 or warcraft? Lots of background with this game title. It uses an improved SecuROM and a very accurate sub-channel reader is required…it beasted many Liteons, particularly the 24102B

Stay in touch

i assume that it is compatable since i succesfully burned a copy of Freedom Force. the links for the profiles don’t work.

well i finally got a working backup using the clonyxxl securomnew profile. results seemed to be totally random. it took me about 15 tries to get the first backup done and about 5 more for the other (curious about how many times it would take to get another woking copy). for anyone having trouble burning this game my advice is just be persistent and double check your settings, and lower your read speed to 4x (the slower the better) but thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by tims2023
well i finally got a working backup
Good to hear! But I suspect something is causing system instability. I hope you can get some tips from the Down & Dirty sticky post :slight_smile: