Game goes back to desktop

vbimport

i am running win7 . whenever i run any game and got up to menu screen or get starts upto game running.
game just minimizes to taskbar and i get the desktop.it happen mostly in all games sometimes.i had to either close it from task manager or get it running by pressing repeatedly escape button.
either some process is stealing focus or maybe other reason i don’t know.i had scanned my system for viruses and spywares.my anti virus remain disabled when ruuning game. here is the list of processes that are running while playing a game

Process PID Description Company Name

smss.exe 288 Windows Session Manager Microsoft
csrss.exe 480 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft
wininit.exe 540 Windows Start-Up Application Microsoft
services.exe 640 Services and Controller app Microsoft
svchost.exe 776 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
explorer.exe 3940 Windows Explorer Microsoft
procexp.exe 2516 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals
dllhost.exe 2400 COM Surrogate Microsoft
svchost.exe 856 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
cmdagent.exe 952 COMODO Internet Security COMODO
svchost.exe 996 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
svchost.exe 1052 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
audiodg.exe 2300 Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Microsoft
svchost.exe 1088 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
dwm.exe 1124 Desktop Window Manager Microsoft
svchost.exe 1128 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
svchost.exe 1332 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
spoolsv.exe 1540 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft
svchost.exe 1572 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft
taskhost.exe 396 Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft
lsass.exe 656 Local Security Authority Process Microsoft
lsm.exe 664 Local Session Manager Service Microsoft
csrss.exe 552 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft
winlogon.exe600 Windows Logon Application Microsoft
cfp.exe 1304 COMODO Internet Security COMODO
SRSSSC.exe2052 SRS Audio Sandbox control panel SRS Labs, Inc.
gbtray.exe 3112 Game Booster Iobit
WerFault.exe 864 Windows Problem Reporting Microsoft
explorer.exe 3964 Windows Explorer Microsoft

Well what game are you trying to run you gave no info that?? Also did you check the game specification to see if it can load or run in W7? From what it sounds like a bad install but without more info beyond the PID doesn’t tell us what happened? Also get rid of comodo that firewall isn’t the best and configuring it from my experience is the best either also get rid of game booster that doesn’t boost any games in my mind beyond taking up memory that is better suited for the game and apps in windows.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2547629]Well what game are you trying to run you gave no info that?? Also did you check the game specification to see if it can load or run in W7? From what it sounds like a bad install but without more info beyond the PID doesn’t tell us what happened? Also get rid of comodo that firewall isn’t the best and configuring it from my experience is the best either also get rid of game booster that doesn’t boost any games in my mind beyond taking up memory that is better suited for the game and apps in windows.[/QUOTE]

It happens in mostly games like POP:FS, JC2 ,AC2 ,Metro2033 etc.it doesn’t matter what game i run.it is also not that i can not run the game completely.it happens only sometimes.games run smoothely when it doesn’t happen.
i don’t get crashes to desktop just game minimizes.i am using comodo for 2 years on winxp and this kind of problem doesn’t arises.
and also i am using gamebooster without problem on winxp.it is just taking only 236k constant memory.

i found out this reply useful to this post
BTW main culprit is SRS Audio Sandbox

"

i’m not sure but i guess there’re many methods that an application uses to steal focus, some of them can be prevented by foreground locking (set by ForegroundLockTimeout in winxp+), like any normal app, but some not (like pidgin that uses gtk), and QQ.exe, and SRS Audio Sandbox.

when SRS Audio Sandbox is set as “Technology: Auto Tech” which is default, it will steal focus anyway when it switch Technology. This is annoying for full screen game. Simply switching back is unacceptable.

if you think it’s hard to implement, you may check the following article
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/DLL/funapihook.aspx
with this way, you can hook(redirect/rewrite) api calls in each application

guess (or trace if possible) how an app invoke system api to steal focus. by focusing the window? by min and then restore the window? by setting and then clearing “always on top”?
after you’re sure how an app steal focus, make an option allow us users to set when and how to prevent it

i suggest that only hook (detour) the api if we want to for better compatibility, and unhook when we don’t want it"

Have you contacted and asked the publisher of these games??

What CPU and gfx card is in your system??

i again will say this is not the problem of any game.like i have posted earlier that the sole culprit of my problem is [B]SRS AUDIO SANDBOX[/B]. as mention in the quote that is taken from other forum "[U]when SRS Audio Sandbox is set as “Technology: Auto Tech” which is default, it will steal focus anyway when it switch Technology. This is annoying for full screen game. Simply switching back is unacceptable[/U]. "
SRS is installed as audio driver and runs in background.it still happens but i set auto off in srs which solves the minimizing problem.shutting down srs leads to no sound at all.
thanx for the reply.
my problem is more or less solved.i got my culprit.