Game DVD with strange surface marks

I have just bought the game Sacred Gold sealed, installed it without any problem and it runs ok. But yesterday I have noticed that the dvd surface was full of some strange marks (dots with lack of platinum reading surface), that you can have a look on the following pictures:

Are this marks normal? Can I have future problems reading the disc? If I send the disc to the publisher with the purchase proff will they give me a new copy?

What do you mean by (dots with lack of platinum reading surface)? Especially the ‘platinum’ part. If the game installed then I guess it was able to be read.

The pics you linked to would not work for me so I can only see the small ones. Maybe imageshack wants to give me some cookies but I’m not really hungry. Why not just upload them here at CD Freaks?

The only way to know if the publisher will do anything about your discs is to ask them. I doubt anyone here will be able to answer that for you.

RM

[QUOTE=hetmen;2205095]I have just bought the game Sacred Gold sealed, installed it without any problem and it runs ok. But yesterday I have noticed that the dvd surface was full of some strange marks (dots with lack of platinum reading surface), that you can have a look on the following pictures:

Are this marks normal? Can I have future problems reading the disc? If I send the disc to the publisher with the purchase proff will they give me a new copy?[/QUOTE]

By “dots with lack of platinum reading surface” I mean dots without the silver material that characterizes the media surface.

My english is not very good. Sorry.

New image attachement:

Those ‘dots’ seem to have shadow which would indicate they are on the outer surface of the disc and not the inner metal layer. But, the angle of your flash seems to negate this.

In any case, I would take the discs back to the store and ask for a replacement. If like most stores in the US, you won’t likely get your money back or a different product. But if you simply want to replace a defective product you should be fine. If the store will not help then you will have to try the publisher I guess.

If those dots are not on the surface and fixable, I would certainly not trust them. I’ve not seen anything like that before.

RM

Just thought of something. If those dots are small wholes in the surface of the plastic, that would possibly explain the shadows in relation to your camera flash. Maybe you can examine them VERY closely.