Game Copy/Archive help

:cool: Hey guys,

I know there have been posts on this in the past and some software out there, but I wanted to post and ask what if there were any updates, and what experiences/suggestions you might all have for me.

I was poking around last night, and literally found a PS2 that I had forgotten about - it was from way back in high school, and I immidiately hooked it up, haha, it was awesome. But one of my favorite games Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit 2, was scratched pretty badly, it still played with some game motion freezes and skips, but I wanted to ask how I can archive and make copies of my games like I’ve done with my DVD collection for safe-keeping?

What freeware is out there like DVD Fab that I’ve loved so much, that will allow me to make copies of PS2, and eventually Wii and PS3 games as I add to my collection?

Also, are those Dual-Layer DVD’s or single layer?

Thanks a lot, I would just really like some help on the process and programs to use in order to make exact duplicates of my games, and hopefully repair them. (Oh, can I make ISO’s or some other archival file format of these discs so I can re-burn them straight from my HDD?)

THANKS!!! :slight_smile:

B-B-B-Bumppage!

PS: I found an even older PS1 game that I thought I had sold years ago, the original Metal Gear (AWESOME!), but it’s worse than Need for Speed or any other game. Any help on copying these games to hopefully create new copies that I can play without the scratches and game-play skips would be really great. I’d hate to throw the original MG Solid away :frowning:

Thanks for your help

BUMP… a week later :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

• Recommended programs are DVD Decrypter (Mode -> ISO -> Read/Write) and its successor ImgBurn (Mode -> Read/Write)
  • if the scratches are too bad no program can bring back the lost data
  • to play backups you’re PS2 has to be modded (Chip or exploit)

[quote=Terramex;2246468]- Recommended programs are DVD Decrypter (Mode -> ISO -> Read/Write) and its successor ImgBurn (Mode -> Read/Write)

• if the scratches are too bad no program can bring back the lost data
  • to play backups you’re PS2 has to be modded (Chip or exploit)[/quote]

Excellent… IMGburn keeps coming in handy!

Where can I read up on how to mod my PS2? Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

PS: Why does a mod have to be done if I am making an exact copy on the exact same media? (I am going to use the Verbatim 2.5x Dual Layer)

[QUOTE=dual layer dvd;2246747]Where can I read up on how to mod my PS2? Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]Just do a websearch for Playstation 2 + modchip :wink:

Besides many other subjects [U]here[/U] you can find much information about exploits.

[QUOTE=dual layer dvd;2246747]Why does a mod have to be done if I am making an exact copy on the exact same media? (I am going to use the Verbatim 2.5x Dual Layer)[/QUOTE]The protection of the disc can not be reproduced with a normal DVD burner.
Concerning this matter there are also some more technical threads in our forums.

[quote=Terramex;2247849]Just do a websearch for Playstation 2 + modchip :wink:

Besides many other subjects [U]here[/U] you can find much information about exploits.
The protection of the disc can not be reproduced with a normal DVD burner.
Concerning this matter there are also some more technical threads in our forums.[/quote]

I see, thanks for your help… wish there was a reputation button I could give ya, haha :slight_smile:

I’ll give it a shot