Game backup won't work

hi

i am trying to back up Crysis in case the disk becomes damaged, i started by saving a image using Alcohol 120% as i had seen guides on here saying to do so, i then burnt the image onto a (8.5gb dual layer) DVD and all went well.

i then tried to play the game using my back up disk and it gave me this error message

Does anyone knoew how to solve this?

thanks

jammy

[QUOTE=jammydav93;2224122]hi

i am trying to back up Crysis in case the disk becomes damaged, i started by saving a image using Alcohol 120% as i had seen guides on here saying to do so, i then burnt the image onto a (8.5gb dual layer) DVD and all went well.

i then tried to play the game using my back up disk and it gave me this error message

Does anyone knoew how to solve this?

thanks

jammy[/QUOTE]

You hit one of the nasty things game can do to game players. The copy protection…there is really no way around this and if you can’t emulate the game cd then your left with either buying another copy or requesting replacement copy from the software company.

ok well I don’t need a game replacement yet I was just backing it up in case of the disk breaking,

how can they tell the difference between the disks if its an exact copy?

@jammydav93
SecuROM Error code 1000 means that your optical drive didn’t perform a precise Data Position Measurement - which is needed for Securom CDs/DVDs, or that your optical drive doesn’t check the disc with a stable speed to authenticate the Securom sector deviation, or that you simply forgot to activate RMPS emulation in Alcohol’s Emulation options before inserting your burned copy.

Provided that you’ve created the image with the correct Alcohol profile (SecuROM) and that RMPS emulation is activated, you can try to change your drive’s speed with tools like CD Bremse (CD Throttle) or nero DriveSpeed.
Maybe then it works.

If you can’t get the burned copy to work at all you can try to mount your image in Alcohol’s virtual drive.

P.S.: would you please upload your MDS file so i can check whether it can function at all

Okay so should i try it again making sure i do all of the above?

heres my MDS File

Crysis.zip (41 KB)

Using your MDS file i also get SecuROM error 1000.
So the DPM information stored in your MDS file isn’t precise enough.

Try the attached MDS files instead of your own in a virtual drive.

Note
If your Crysis installation is already patched to version 1.2 or 1.2.1 it won’t work mounted in the virtual drives of the current Alcohol & DAEMON Tools lite versions due to blacklisting issues.
It will only function with the older versions Alcohol 1.9.5.4521 (+YASU 1.5.8111) or DAEMON Tools lite 4.12.4.

Crysis.zip (44.8 KB)

ok so i just use this MDS in place of my own one and it should hopefully work?

how can i tell if my installation has been updated?

and thanks a bunch :smiley:

[QUOTE=jammydav93;2224901]ok so i just use this MDS in place of my own one and it should hopefully work?
[/QUOTE]Yes - and it’s three MDS files in my attachment. At least one of them should work with your version.

[QUOTE=jammydav93;2224901]how can i tell if my installation has been updated?
[/QUOTE]When you’ve downloaded and installed a patch :wink:

If you don’t remember or aren’t the only person using that PC you can tell by the version number of the Crysis.exe;
after latest patch it’s 1.1.1.6115.

And if patched there would be a [I]Patch 1(or 2) Readme.txt[/I] file in X:\Program files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Support.

I tired the large one and that got the same error, i also get the same error on Tomb Raider Underworld

Il try the 2nd and 3rd version later but im staring to run out of DVDs, do you know the best ones to get? because im getting through loads :S

supermedia store usually has good deals on the Taiyo Yuden stuff which always works good for dvd backups, they also worked good for my ps2 backups, but could be diferent for pc’s.

[QUOTE=jammydav93;2225044]Il try the 2nd and 3rd version later but im staring to run out of DVDs, do you know the best ones to get? because im getting through loads :S[/QUOTE]Please first assure it works in virtual drive before burning to DVD - which isn’t really necessary at all unless you absolutely need a physical (emulated) DVD copy.

how to i try to test it in my virtual drive? i’ve never done this before

[QUOTE=jammydav93;2229217]how to i try to test it in my virtual drive? i’ve never done this before[/QUOTE]- Download and install DAEMON Tools 4.12.4 (LINK)

• during installation uncheck components you don’t want/need, e.g. (removeable) AdWare or change of browser startside
  • Mount your image using the Tray Icon Left/Right Click Menu as described here (General Use / User Interface)
  • start the game