G7C9 to B7T9?

vbimport

I am confused now on how to make this conversion? I have read soo many different options but what is the BEST option to use? I heard people doing a multistep conversion from G7C9 to G7K9 and then some how to 1620pro.

I know I cross-flash but what happens if I need to take this drive back to Circuit City and I crossflashed to B7T9 and I cannot go back to G7C9 since I have not been able to find this anywhere?

Thanks!

I have a I/O 16DL and I went right from G7C9 to I/Os 1620A-G7M9 to B7T9 with “0” problems.

I am not sure if you have to go with 1620A-G7M9 1st or not, I did just because I wanted to update the flash when I got the drive, I was going to wait for a bit before I went to BENQ, but I said what the H… and did it. Anyhow like I said no problems.

EDIT…

I don’t know if you have this or not http://www.iomagic.com/Firmware/FirmwareDownload.html but I thought I would drop that in and this as well http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm for the tools and flash to “B”

You can upflash to G7M9 or G7P9…no warranty problem
Therefore you can crossflash back to G7M9 or G7P9 from B7xx firmware.

I don’t think it really matters how you upgrade. Once you convert it from “G” to “B”, you can run any standard “B” version of BenQ executable firmware. I wouldn’t even bother rebooting in between flashes (unless you’re running it in an external box).

But I’d definitely run the BenQ executable file for my final flash (eg) B7T9.EXE in case it happens to do something that the CVT flasher program doesn’t know how to do.

I seriously doubt that Circuit City would even bother checking the firmware version if you needed to return it - they’d likely just give you another drive.

But if you’re really worried about this, then you could just flash to any available more recent “G” series firmware. After all, these firmwares are made available by the manufacturers to upgrade the drive.

The thing to remember here is that the drive is really cheap, and it’s not worth anyone’s time to actually check it. It’s probably just boxed up and sent back to the manufacturer - whether or not it’s actually good or actually bad.

Dishinit…“You can upflash to G7M9 or G7P9…no warranty problem
Therefore you can crossflash back to G7M9 or G7P9 from B7xx firmware.”

**** How do you know this to be true? I have never read anything about this. I can easily find G7M9 or G7P9 FW if needed.

Spartane…"I don’t think it really matters how you upgrade. Once you convert it from “G” to “B”, you can run any standard “B” version of BenQ executable firmware. I wouldn’t even bother rebooting in between flashes (unless you’re running it in an external box).

But I’d definitely run the BenQ executable file for my final flash (eg) B7T9.EXE in case it happens to do something that the CVT flasher program doesn’t know how to do.

***** I heard that the CVT file is just extracted from the EXE file so they really both do the same thing, except the CVT you need the winflash utility and the other is just an executable.

I seriously doubt that Circuit City would even bother checking the firmware version if you needed to return it - they’d likely just give you another drive.

***** Yes, you are probably right. Most of those people would not even know how to check the FW and by the time they figure it out you are long gone with a new drive, right.

But if you’re really worried about this, then you could just flash to any available more recent “G” series firmware. After all, these firmwares are made available by the manufacturers to upgrade the drive.

***** That is one way to do it…however there is NO G7T9 equivalent from what I can find.

The thing to remember here is that the drive is really cheap, and it’s not worth anyone’s time to actually check it. It’s probably just boxed up and sent back to the manufacturer - whether or not it’s actually good or actually bad."

***** That is true, I was more concerned about ONE yr warranty. But if the above is true then I can easily cross flash back to G7M9 or G7P9. I don’t anticipate any issues but you just never know. They always say don’t flash it if it is not broken but nowadays it is necessary just to be compatible with media.