G04 Writing strategy in HERRIE'S Beta 7?

vbimport

Hello Herrie,

Im foremost interested in getting G04s (-the most readily available media in europe) to burn at highest quality rather than highest speed.

Can i ask what write strategy you have implemented at x4 for G04s in beta 7 ???

I want to dtermine if im better off using the stock firmware to burn at x4 or beta 7. I recall WESOCIETY did some extensive testing on various G04 writing strategies & i think sony gave the highest quality burns. Thanks for your hard work

Im using his beta 6 and this is my result with g04 at 4x…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=575475#post575475

As you can see its very good just look at how low the PO is at 8ecc!..way better than stock 1.06

I may be mistaken though i thought he was gonna use fuji for the g04s.

havent tried beta 7 out at same speed.

Originally posted by ArchV
I want to dtermine if im better off using the stock firmware to burn at x4 or beta 7. I recall WESOCIETY did some extensive testing on various G04 writing strategies & i think sony gave the highest quality burns. Thanks for your hard work

Sony did, but it only burned at 4x.

Wesociety said herrie was going to use the FUJIFILM03 strategy for Ritek G04 media. It did write at 8x.

Originally posted by thegdog
[B]Sony did, but it only burned at 4x.

Wesociety said herrie was going to use the FUJIFILM03 strategy for Ritek G04 media. It did write at 8x. [/B]

what program did you use to let you burn at 8x…nero only allows 6x?

Originally posted by Jamos
what program did you use to let you burn at 8x…nero only allows 6x?

With herrie’s beta 7 firmware, it appears to write only at 6x.

Wesociety was using special firmwares so he could test which write strategy would work best with the Ritek G04 media.

herrie said in another post that he thinks his patching tools might be what’s causing the -R media to write at 6x only and that he’s going to look into it.

[B]With herrie’s beta 7 firmware, it appears to write only at 6x.

Wesociety was using special firmwares so he could test which write strategy would work best with the Ritek G04 media.

herrie said in another post that he thinks his patching tools might be what’s causing the -R media to write at 6x only and that he’s going to look into it. [/B]

ok thanks for the info…Ill keep a check on his thread to see if he updates beta 7 (or 8).

[B]Sony did, but it only burned at 4x.

Wesociety said herrie was going to use the FUJIFILM03 strategy for Ritek G04 media. It did write at 8x. [/B]

Well if its the FUJIFILM03 strategy for Ritek G04 media, any ideas how it compares at x4 to stock firmware at x4 ?

Well if its the FUJIFILM03 strategy for Ritek G04 media, any ideas how it compares at x4 to stock firmware at x4 ?

I don’t. I don’t have a LiteOn burner to do KProbe scans with.

And I don’t think I’ve seen a scan of the Ritek media yet with beta 7 at 4x.

did you see my post with the link above…its with beta 6 at 4x alot better than stock 1.06. not sure on beta7 yet as havent tried at 4x…though i did burn at 6x with the same media and will post results shortly does well at 6x too…:wink:

Originally posted by Jamos
did you see my post with the link above…its with beta 6 at 4x alot better than stock 1.06. not sure on beta7 yet as havent tried at 4x…though i did burn at 6x with the same media and will post results shortly does well at 6x too…:wink:

Thanks Jamos - i did. I think beta 7 has different write strategy for G04 to what beta 6 had. Ideally would be good to see a x4 G04 burn with beta 7 if anyone has one.

Heres a burn with NEC ND2500A - Herries 107 beta 7 firmware at 6x

ritek-g04 media sold in US as TDK DVD-R 2x

as you can see it burns excellent even at 6x