G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 2GBHZ $109 shipped

Get it while it’s hot!! Best price ever on these

Use code: EMC508DGSKI2

$119+$5 shipping - $15 coupon code

I just ordered these yesterday, didn’t know about the code. Is there any way I can use it now?

Is this good quality ram?
I might get 2 pks of them.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve never heard of them before, but they get great reviews at Newegg, and elsewhere.

LOL, are these good!?

Yes these are micron D9’s and considered one of the best for overclocking, this price is insane.

I’m in for 2 pks. Thanks

They are said to be VERY good, I have not seen anyone having issues with them.

I have a set that I bought 2 weeks ago even though I don’t have the rest of my components because I was afraid they were going to go out of stock everywhere.

I got them for $119 and that is still a good deal.

Does anybody know if you can use the coupon code a day after buying these at Newegg?

Did they ship them yet?

You can call them and tell them you forgot to add the coupon, they may accept it and give you the discount.

Ir you could cancel the order (if not shipped) and re-order using the coupon.

I’m sure they will do it if it’s not shipped. Then again they might give you credit on next order.

Thanks guys, they said they would refund $15 to my credit card.

These RAMs are great, and as mentioned it is Micron D9 chipset which can overclock really nice up to 1067Mhz. If you want to test it, set your CPU VCore to default (ie C2D 266Mhz) and up the DDR2 speed to 1067Mhz and Voltage 2.30-2.40V and if Windows boots, it means the chip you got works at 1067MHz (equivalent to PC2-8500). I’ve tested on my P5W DH Deluxe and it works.

G.Skill customer service also exists at XS forum. You can also check optimal timings for your mobo there: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189.

For example, G-Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ memory setup for some motherboards:

P5W-DH Deluxe: 2.00V 4-4-4-12-4
P5B Deluxe: 2.00V 4-4-4-12-4-42-3-9-5-9
P5N-E SLI: 2.013V 4-4-4-12-2T-1-2-2-6-1-2-27-2

Just an FYI to those who want to overclock this ram, If you want to run more than 2.2V then make sure you have a fan firing directly on them. Enough heat and they will fail eventually.

Warning; Some buyers have indicated that the new badge is NOT micron D9. Could someone verify this?

What buyers are you referring to??

Link?

G.skill technical rep said that they would not do that, so i highly doubt that would happen.

Could you explain what are you refering to.

I just returned a pair of these to Newegg. I put them into a new ASUS P5B-Plus, C2D E6420. I could load windows (did a new load) but when I tried to run Orthos to do a stress test, they would consistently fail (no overclocking) in less than 1 minute. I put some older slower RAM in and the problem went away.
I have some Patriot Extreme DDR2 800 coming. I am pretty sure that they are Micron D9’s

I think eric98se was responding to fairplay that all new GSkill 2GBHZ will all be Micron D9. I read somewhere that serial number starting 62xxxxxxx will be D9, and that was a post from last year 2006. Edit: found the post here.

Thanks .