FYI: HOUSE season 4, disc 3, titles 2 & 3 will not convert to generic

vbimport

.AVI+MP3

Original DVD plays with no problem evident.

conversion direct from disc, t3 stalls* near end, t4 stalls near beginning

( *stalls ie: FPS = 0.00, ETC 00:00 after working for hours )

copied full disc to network OK, plays OK, conversion attempt same result

copied network to local HD, plays OK, conversion attempt same result

trying convert to XBOX 360 from local HD - appears to be headed for the same result on title 2

All other discs and titles, no problems

sounds to me like the problem disc needs to be cleaned
also I find that I have less or no issues if I convert from the HDD instead of the disc itself.

Thanks SJ, that was my thought also at at first which is why I checked by playing the disc all the way though - no problem at all and nothing is visible on the surface. Also both HD backups play ( using VLC ) with no problem. update: the convert of title 2 to WMV ( XBOX 360 ) - after 3 hrs+ - is now stalled at 92.1 % complete, 0.00 FPS, 00:00 ETC, same as previous

The next thing that I might try is Full Copy HD -> HD and compress to DVD5, that might kick something into a better gear.

[QUOTE=ggmdata;2119283]Thanks SJ, that was my thought also at at first which is why I checked by playing the disc all the way though - no problem at all and nothing is visible on the surface. Also both HD backups play ( using VLC ) with no problem. update: the convert of title 2 to WMV ( XBOX 360 ) - after 3 hrs+ - is now stalled at 92.1 % complete, 0.00 FPS, 00:00 ETC, same as previous

The next thing that I might try is Full Copy HD -> HD and compress to DVD5, that might kick something into a better gear.[/QUOTE]

if you have the files on your HDD run the vob files through FixVTS it may clean out junk sectors that maybe causing this issue, not sure on this but it may be worth a shot

ran them them through ‘FixVTS’, same result, sigh