FYI- Copy a Copy [AnyDVD/CloneDVD]

vbimport

I have read a few times on here that people had troubles copying a copy with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Well, I tried it this weekend.

The drive kept spinning for longer than normal.
CloneDVD couldn’t select that drive as were to copy the movie from.
Disabling AnyDVD didn’t work (I don’t know if I waited long enough for the drive to spin down).
Exiting AnyDVD did allow me to copy.

Seems silly that AnyDVD wouldn’t identify the disk as being unprotected and then stop interferring.

I personally use DVD Shirnk and DVD Decrypter to burn the disc. They are free and work well.

Get DVD Decrypter to make an ISO on the hard drive and then use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO to the new DVD. If you then use a “compare” program you will find that the original and the copy are exactly the same but hopefully with better PIE/PIF scores on the new disk

Pakratus,
Please clarify that statement
“CloneDVD couldn’t select that drive as were to copy the movie from.”
Are you saying while in CloneDVD, when you browse for the drive containing the DVD it doesn’t show up?
Does it appear when you open Windows Explorer?

You don’t need AnyDVD runing when making a copy of a copy, the protection has already been removed.
Just start CloneDVD and select the second button and it should make an exact duplicate. Maybe your copy has some writing errors, thus causing the drive to spin like that. You can check for errors by using the free progarms CD Speed by Nero.

If I am making a copy of a copy - I always use CloneCD!!

I did not actually look. But, it seemed that CloneDVD didn’t get onto the drive because the drive was spinning (way too long).

You don’t need AnyDVD runing when making a copy of a copy, the protection has already been removed.
Right, just an observation. If someone doesn’t know this, then they will end up posting here.

I really hope that the other ‘suggestions’ were jokes because of the fact I get down on those types of comments here. This post was an FYI, not a cry for help.
Once CloneDVD copies a DVD, any program that can burn DVDs, will copy a copy… It’s just that AnyDVD gets in the way.
abrown15- Since CloneCD is in the same family, you are an exception to my comment.

Where the hell is Olli?

I’ve had no problems with the Nero - DVD Copy Function. If I really want solid results I’ll rip the data off the disc with DVD Decrypter or Iso Buster and then burn it back with Nero Express. I think nOObs who struggle with this simply havn’t used good media and created an errored Disc. They will undoubtedly post on the forum, but isnt that what we’re here for?

I’d tend to agree, I’ve had Any DVD running in the Background with an Unprotected disc and thats exactly what it found. Could also be a version Bug.