FYE is yours closing?

I went in the local FYE here and and they are closing everything is 25 to 50 percent off… …i scored great on many DVD series i wanted :slight_smile:

Never even heard of FYE till this post! :slight_smile: Glad you found some good sales though.

I think the closest one to me is in Sacremento. I know there is one in San Jose and Concord, but I don’t go out that way very often.
Sounds like a lot of electronics stores are closing now.

mine closed like 9 months ago…not sure why it closed though

Kerry it was FYE For your entertainment… a music and electronic store…of course by the time i found out that they were having a big sale…all the media was GONE…dang dvd /cd freaks are everywhere…

FYE (For Your Entertainment) used to have sales on Fuji TY CD-Rs back in the day. If you missed a sale at K-Mart, they were a good backup source. They were a less heavily trafficked store, so they also had some other older and more obscure media that couldn’t be found elsewhere. Those days are long gone though, and some of the stores started closing at least a year ago, so this isn’t new.

The web site (with a store locator) is still there:

http://www.fye.com

Hmmm… there’s one near where I live, yet I never heard of it. :doh:

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2221063]I went in the local FYE here and and they are closing everything is 25 to 50 percent off… …i scored great on many DVD series i wanted :)[/QUOTE]

They went out of business in S. Cal also.

I know the two/few closest to my college are still in business, but I’m not sure about the two closest to home. They seem to get good business around here, though. :iagree:

I still get some old/dead stock DVD media [and see a little dead stock CD media] when visiting various FYEs. Some times, upon repeat visits, they will have put more old stock out and it will be marked a lot cheaper [or be on-sale in the computer, but not marked down]. And a lot of the music and movies I get there have been “on sale”, too, even though the individual stores aren’t in the middle of a “going out of business” sale, but not everything has been marked off. :frowning: