Fx 5200/ati9200/ati9000/gf4 Mx

vbimport

What are the difference between those cards.

Which one is technologically superior ?

Does FX 5200 supports Pixel Shading ?

Ti4200 is far superior than all these pussy cards. Cheaper too.

Originally posted by liteonmania
Does FX 5200 supports Pixel Shading ?

Yes

In my place, Ti4200 is more expensive then all the cards above.

FX5200 does have full DX9 support. Isn’t it good enough to surpass Ti’s performace ?

Here is a good review of the 4200,5200,5600 and the ATI9500pro.

i also need help in buying graphics card.

Need a directX 9 Card for around $100 ??

Which one is good ATI or nVidia ??

I will be running linux also on same m/c

There are so many versions GF4ti200/400 Radeon 9000/9500…and all tht

I cant decide which one is better…

I will be buying games like HL2, Doom3, Max Payne 2

Do i need to wait for few months if any new cards are coming out ?

I have a gf2 mx 32mb card right now

From which version ATI has started DirectX 9 support ??

Thx in advance.

ps : is it worth to buy a ti4200 rather than fx4200 ??

Originally posted by helpmehelpu
ps : is it worth to buy a ti4200 rather than fx4200 ??

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a FX4200, unless it is new and I dont know of it. From my reading on video cards, I would tend to lean towards the FX5200 Ultra. But that is just my opinion.

sorry for that mistake :bigsmile:

i meant fx5200 :slight_smile:

:bigsmile:

bump

which is da best graphics card $100 can buy ?

[B]bump

which is da best graphics card $100 can buy ? [/B]

GeForce 4mx cards are cheap

u can get a ti4200 for $100.

which is better gf4 ti4200 or gfx5200 ???

Ti4200 all the way. Cheaper and faster. And don’t give me that DX9 support crap. By the time DX9 games get into full swing, your 5200 can’t even do 5fps (all right, exaggeration there).

For liteonmania: Saty away from FX500, because it’s really crappy. GF4MX460 can keep up with R9000 PRO ( sometimes ).
As for 9200 - R9000 PRO. I don’t know what is R9200 all about. Find which of these Radeons has higher memory speed and you will know which card is faster. Basically R9000 PRO would be the best choice, but ATI has problems with their drivers, so there might be some compatabillity issues. If you can find old R8500 then buy it. It’s cheap and is the best performer. If you have more money then buy GF4Ti4200.

For helpmehelpu: if you want to play these games, then wait until they are out. Besides, I doubt you will be able to play DOOM3 with a card that costs 100 bucks.

GeForce4 Ti 4200

Vertices per Second: 113 Million
Fill Rate: 4 Billion AA Samples/Sec.
Memory Bandwidth: up to 8GB/Sec.
Maximum Memory: 128MB

Here

GeForce FX 5200 Ultra :

Vertices per Second: 81 million/sec.
Fill Rate: 1.3 billion texels/sec.
Memory Bandwidth: 10.4GB/sec.
Maximum Memory: 128MB

Here

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 is A LOT BETTER than GeForce FX 5200 :smiley:

(sigh)

I wonder when people are not fond of technical numbers anymore.

The Fx series uses a total different approach towards 3d applications than the Ti series do. This does not make one better than another , it makes it DIFFERENT.

I’ll admit that for TODAY’S games and applications , you should buy a Ti card, but if you plan to have that card for more than 6 months , read a lot about the Fx engine before you purchase a Ti card.

so fx5200 is better compared to ti4200 ?? :confused: (neglecting the price difference)

back to square one :Z

go for ATI 9500 pro it supports dx9 and can be easily overclocked

[B]so fx5200 is better compared to ti4200 ?? :confused: (neglecting the price difference)

back to square one :Z [/B]

Depends :

Do you want your card NOW : I’d recommend a GeForce 4 Ti4200. Good price and good quality. There’s practically no game that will not run smoothly on a nice configured system with a Ti4200 in it. I have one myself (Aopen Aeolus Ti4200 8XAGP) , which was about $200 then.

But i have had the luxury of trying out a GeForce Quadro4 FX1000 (the FX gpu). Guess what ? Not one difference regarding image quality and speed compared to the GeForce 4 Ti4200 i have.

I have been playing BF1942 , Medal Of Honor , Will Rock , Quake 3 , etc on it and there is absolutely no difference in speed , stability or performance when comparing the $200 card with the $1200 card.

BUT

I cannot execute the Dawn demo on my “middleclass” Ti4200 card. Dawn uses a complete different approach regarding 3d technology.

(Yes… i am aware ATI has made a nice tool so that they can run Dawn at their cards as well and that it runs even better. I don’t care. I’m talking about technology differences here , not any kind of emulation/translation)

You can safely bet that nVidia will try to persuade the software developers to use this nice and easy different 3d technology. You can try this yourself by reading all about the Cg (C for graphics) language nVidia has made open source.

So , IF for instance Electronic Arts decides to use the Cg and the FX technology in the future AND you bought an Fx card , you’ll be very very happy you did. If Electronic Arts decides to be overall compatible , your Ti4200 card will work , any ATI card will work and Fx cards may even be slower than you anticipated.

Overall , i do think it’s better for NOW to purchase a Ti4200 card rather than a Fx card , but who can tell what will be the case in 4 months ? Perhaps new detonator drivers will greatly increase the Fx card and nVidia decides to not longer support the Ti series.

It’s your money , you decide.

But don’t be fooled by fill ratings , frames per second or any other kind of cool excel graphics that all the experts show you.

You can safely bet that nVidia will try to persuade the software developers to use this nice and easy different 3d technology. You can try this yourself by reading all about the Cg (C for graphics) language nVidia has made open source.

what about future of directx ?? :confused: