Fw 1.18 for Pioneer 110D to be released soon!

vbimport

Please everybody stop bitching about Pioneer 110D problems. I have 2 of them and I am happy about Pioneer DVD recorders, because I always know that Pioneer does not abandon its customers like NEC does! I always had 2 Pioneer devices all the time since DVR-105 (I had every model from 105 to 110) and they never deluded me! I think that Pioneer drives are the best ones with DVD-R and +R DL, maybe Nec is better with DVD+R I dunno!
Moreover I am very happy to update my devices from time to time…

Anyway, as you can read from a recent post here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=35381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=75

Firmware v1.18 should be ready very soon and “should” address all issues…(I hope so…) :bow:

I have a Nec 3540 too and I could cry for the rest of my life about its firmware problems, Nec will ignore me forever!!! :sad:

If you do not like Pioneer DVD recorders go and buy a BENQ, Liteon/Sony or a superbly supported NEC device!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

}Please everybody stop bitching about Pioneer 110D problems. I have 2 of them and I am happy about Pioneer DVD recorders, because I always know that Pioneer does not abandon its customers like NEC does!
What kind of nonsense is this

• NEC drives work much better with the first firmware than Pioneer (or worse, Plextor) with the 3rd or 4th
  • NEC is the only manufacturer i’m aware of that has added support for 4x writing on 6x DVD-RW media (Plextor tried that on the PX-716, but the write quality sucks)

NEC doesn’t release a new updater every 2 weeks because they don’t have to!

I have a Nec 3540 too and I could cry for the rest of my life about its firmware problems, Nec will ignore me forever!!!
I had to look for quite some time to find a disc type that doesn’t work on that drive, but well, I haven’t tried faked TY… I hope you don’t draw any conclusions from “quality scans” on your NEC, you safely ignore those, there is no correlation between recording quality and error rates if you use the NEC for scanning.

Totally agree with alex on this one…

1.18? Must be newer than 1.16 which is dated 26.Aug.2005 then As far as I know 1.16 did not fix much…

NEC doesn’t release a new updater every 2 weeks because they don’t have to!

You said it!
NEC makes an oustanding drive in the dependability area. It installs on all systems with ease and works until you can’t stand it anymore. Like a Honda/Toyota. Just keeps on ticking!

I hope this will not be(come) the forestep to another “war between the brands”.

The only thing getting on my nerves is that almost anyone with a problem is creating a new thread instead of posting in the threads already existing… This makes useful discussions really hard. :frowning:

Chef! No sweat! I love all the burners in my signature block. Just gave them a group hug and said how much I appreciated them! LOL

Yeah. You know what? It’s darn hottt here today, again. I’m sweating, hell. :bigsmile:

I may have said this before, but not only my Pios run great for me, also my NECs are really good and I can’t say nothing really bad about them. Even the “prior evil” 1300A works great after feeding with fw 1.0C.

So, any realistic human being (or computer geek) will come to the solution that there is no “best” burner and never will be. Cheers & Prost! :cop:

sorry chef and sorry everybody, I did not mean to cause a Brand WAR here! :o

but let me just say that what Alex is assuming is absolutely not true. Infact as I told you I always use to have 3 DVD Recorders in my pc, two latest Pioneer and one latest NEC. This because I think Nec deserves to be there but about Nec 3540 (fw 1.01e) I cannot really say it has a good overall writing quality out of the box! take a ritek G05 of any brand (achilles’ kneel of every Nec model IMO), take a CMC Mag Ae1 of any brand, burn an entire DVD of data and have a quality and speed scan (G05 @ 6x only because 8x causes a lot of coasters, CMC @ 8x): just poor results. Pioneer 109 made both of them perfectly out of the box @ 8x and 12x!

definitely, it’s true, there is noone winning out there, but there is SUPPORT to improve situations and I think Pioneer gives a lot of it while Nec doesn’t.

This is why I prefer Pio over Nec. With the right DVDs they are both outstanding recorders… :bow:

cheers!

Interesting, maybe I should do a write test with these two disc types on NEC 3540A and Pio110D stock firmware with both and see what’s best?

YEAH - I’ll do that :smiley: And post the results in a separate thread as it’s now getting off topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe you mean 109 and 3540 stock firmwares, because as you probably know actually there is a problem with 110D stock firmware and CMC MAG AE1, it makes a coaster as soon as it starts to burn. No problems with ritek G05 @ 8x…

Ok let’s stick to Ritek then.

LOOOL

Stock NEC ND-3540 fw had no problems as serious as creating coasters with CMC.MAG.AE1 :rolleyes:

Edit: Look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=148069

I have different results with my Nec 3540 and RiDisc Xtreme (ritek G05) or Ritek Full Face Printable (G05) DVD-R. If I write these two brands @ 8x with Nec the burn completes succesfully but the discs are unreadable due to an unrecoverable read error @ half the dvd circa.

Writing the same discs with Pioneer 110D at 8x makes perfect discs. Also I get perfect burns with NEC on these discs, using 6x recording speed instead of 8x. So this is surely related to crap Ritek media, but Pioneer writes crap better than Nec :slight_smile:

To tell the whole story, my Nec 3540 wonderfully burns my Riteks DVD+R 4x @ 8x without any speed hack (stock firmware) producing perfect DVDs without errors. Pioneer drives are able to burn them @ 4x only…This is why I always buy a Nec recorder too :slight_smile:

Pioneer has never been much on overspeeding. Most drives from what I’ve seen do not allow burning discs over their rated speed.

The G05 medias are a tricky case, their quality can varie(?) from crap to great.
However, the Xtreme ones should be OK.

Doh!

Looks like firmware 1.11 will be (is?) released.

Change log:

Major update points are; 

·         Support New 16x DVD-R Media; 
(16x writing: CMC, 12x writing: Prodisc/MBI/RITEK) 

·         Support New 8x DVD-R Media; 
(8x writing: LEADDATA/AMC/Optodisc/NANYA/Intermedia/LGE/PRINCO) 

·         Support New +R 16x Media; 
(12x writing: Philips/Prodisc, 8x writing: CMC) 

·         Support New +R 8x Media; 
(8x writing: Optodisc/MPO/LEADDATA/Intermedia/NANYA, 6x writing: DAXON/Infomedia) 

·         DVD-R/+R DL Writability has improved. 

·         DVD-R/+R DL Readability has improved 

·         DVD-RW/+RW Writability has improved 

·         DVD-RW/+RW Readability has improved 

·         CD-R/RW Writability has improved 

·         Fixed issue of other disc recognition after multiborder DVD-R DL write

No signs for 1.18 yet…

nor a fix for the CAV problem…

It’s just like they ignore the CAV problem … could it be the hardware design?

why are you speaking as if the new firmware was already out! It isn’t. So these are just speculations!

Let’s wait what “mother Pioneer” has cooked for us… :bow:

These guys seems to be well informed … but lets hope they will get it in a later release.

My thoughts exactly.