FW 1.01 for PX-740a

vbimport

franz99>
He did succeed in backflashing.
He first unrared the exe and got his CVT file which he tried to use with Plextors Flash utility and that gave the Error Massage which reads “Drive not Found”. To backflash to PX-740 he had to use WinDWFlash.exe and thet everything went OK.
Hope this should answer your question.

I understand
Thanks to you Koba !

Plextor PX-740A 1.01
Sony AccuCORE DVD-R 8x [SONY08D1] @ 16x

Write:

Read:

Quality Check with PX-712A 1.06

PIE        POE        POF
       Avg       0.43       0.26          -
       Max         32        366          -
     Total      61068      37889          0

Thank you very much. Except for the beta curve beeing a bit low and thick a very nice result indeed!

I think it is a very good result for a 8x Sony DVD-R considering it was burned at 16x. And the most important part: the disc is perfectly playable on standalone DVD-Video players. Usually I burn a DVD-Video Test disc image (made by myself, it is a special video test, shows the actual positon when yo play it, so it is comparable with the results of the PC quality scans) with Nero CDSpeed. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the scans PPeter. The write curve is indeed typical BenQ’s WOPC. Do you have TYG02? I heard that BenQ 1640 can’t overspeed @16x, only 8x.

Its true, there is no overspeed for TYG02. Strange. Maybe the following firmware upgrades will add overspeed capabilities.

Impressive collection of optical drives.

Plextor PX-716A, PX-712A, PX-740A, Premium, PX-130A, NEC ND-3500A, 3520A, 3540A, Pioneer DVR-108, 109, LG GSA-4163B, BenQ 1620 Pro, Philips DVDR1640P, DVDR16LS, Toshiba SD-M1712

Among those, the only model I have is Pioneer DVR-109.

Maybe you didn’t look more since YSS said he used WinDWflash and .cvt (in English.) I was a little surprised that the ZIP-contained files included 1.01 CVT file so I linked only the .zip file on Plextor Japan. Plextor is nice in that they try to offer downloads of both .exe and .cvt (or .bin) files for firmware flashing.

I’m working with ODD units since 1995, writing articles for Hungarian newspapers, running my own portal since 1999, developing etc., so I am not a newbie :cop: but I was no active on this forum.

i recently installed this drive, should i keep it and update the firmware, or think about trying to return it and get a “true” Plextor, im not sure what i really have or what is best to do at this point

You should keep it. It’s already a better choice for long-term than the PX-716A. A few more firmware upgrade and this drive will be the ace. If you dont care about the PlexTools quality check capabilities you shouldn’t change it to a PX-716A.

hi PPeter, i think i will keep it, im just hot about overpaying a bit i think, but anyway, bring on the FW updates! :iagree:

My scan of 1640 benq, crossflashed with .cvt Plextor 740a. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks energy 1959 for the test.
It is a “creating a data disc” not a scan

What is limitating the speed to 8x P-CAV in this single layer burn ?
Is it the MID code that you have used ?

By the way the question is:
is the only way to scan this disc (with this drive) using CD-DVD Speed to flash the drive back to a BenQ 1640 ??

Has anybody a direct Link to the bshb.cvt FW-File from Benq 1640? I´m a little bit to stupid to find it.

:doh:

I´m too bad in reading japanese. :confused:

Download this ZIP file: http://plextor.jp/download/firmware/px740_101.zip

Then open, for example, WinRAR and open that ZIP file. Then you’ll see three files:

PXFirm_B2B.exe
PlexFirm.ini
101.cvt

That’s it :wink:

:cop:
Thanks. But I already flashed my Benq 1640 to a PX740. I was looking for the Original benq FW BSHB.cvt.

Now I´ve found it.

Oops, didn’t read properly, sorry about that :wink:

So how does one cross flash a 740a to Benq???

Thanks

bob