FW 1.01 for PX-740a

vbimport

Plextor Japan has FW 1.01 up:

CD-R and DVD±R/±RW media entry grade improvement.
DVD-R DL media efficiency improvement of entry.
Trouble correction.

At least now we can switch forward and backward between Plextor and Benq Firmware :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting hwp. Does anyone have this drive already?

Yes, at least one member, zwitek, has it.

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

YSS has backflashed his PX740.
He did a PX740 to Benq and then back to 740 using 1.01 firmware from plextor.
more on his HP:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/740hukkatsu/740hukkatsu.htm

Compared to the Benq BSHB firmware, the Plextor firmware supports 4 additional media codes noone needs. The burning speeds on +R media are identical, which means no overspeeding. I can not comment the -R speeds, because I have not figured out yet how they are coded.

already test !!
my benq 1640 mod to plextor 740.

now i can use plextools burn disc~~~

1.01 direct link:

http://plextor.jp/download/firmware/px740_101.zip

Verbatim DVD+R 16x [MCC004] burned at 16x with fw. 1.00

Verbatim DVD+R 16x [MCC004] burned at 16x with fw. 1.01

I can say they did a great job in 1.01 !! I hope to see an improvement like this in the next firmware of 716A …

Same disk? That’s a big difference.

RPC1 http://tdb.rpc1.org/#PX740A

Brother Vlad

ala42: is there a way of comparing not only the media the different firmwares have strategies for but also the respective strategies themselves?

Probably there is, but I do not know the neccessary details. MCSE works on a very high level to swap the strategies, so it does not matter to know the lower levels.

PPeter…wow that’s a big improvement…wonder if the first disc had a crappy outer edge…do other burns show the same considerable difference?

The first disc was flawless (no crappy outer edge, I am testing very carefully) and I repated the test 3 times, so I am sure the 1.00 firmware had serious problems with Verbatim DVD+R 16x @ 16x. The other burns (mostly Verbatim 8x DVD+R and DVD-R tested first) were okay even with 1.00.

Surprise: the Sony AccuCORE 8x DVD-R [SONY08D1] is burned at 16x with fw 1.01 and the result is superb!

I dont’ read japanese
so could you please explain to us if YSS succeeded in backflashing a BenQ QW1640 to PX-740
- by simply using the px740_101.exe file

• or if he had to use a other way ?

BTW whats does this “Error update” mean ?

px740_101.exe is a self extracting file, you can extract it with any popular packing tool to get the 101.cvt file. From that point, you know what to do :wink:

I’d be very interested to see a Beta/Jitter scan of that disc, please?

Okay, I’ll post it as soon as I can.

franz99>
He did succeed in backflashing.
He first unrared the exe and got his CVT file which he tried to use with Plextors Flash utility and that gave the Error Massage which reads “Drive not Found”. To backflash to PX-740 he had to use WinDWFlash.exe and thet everything went OK.
Hope this should answer your question.