Future robots will run like cockroaches

Most people find cockroaches repulsive, but not John Schmitt. A mechanical engineer at Oregon State University, Schmitt is using the leggy pests as a model for futuristic robots that can run effortlessly over rough terrain.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34705705/ns/technology_and_science-science/

I think we have enough cockroaches now I know for sure that we have a lot of them in Washington DC trying to eat everything we pay in taxes.

They should make robots to step on cockroaches. With pointy shoes. So they can get them in the corners.

As long as they also make ones that step on the very large one that walk on two feet

Read “prey”.

Does that mean that future Robots will scatter when the lights are turned on?

[QUOTE=Zathros;2484213]Does that mean that future Robots will scatter when the lights are turned on?[/QUOTE]
No, but the shoe may well be on the other foot … or 6 feet.

Then the racing board will organize new sports. Like robots racing 100 mtrs and Hurdles racing… lol…:disagree:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2482816]They should make robots to step on cockroaches. With pointy shoes. So they can get them in the corners.[/QUOTE] And make sure the devcice never assumes a human might be a cockroach…

Well I for one know of some humans that act like cockroaches they are in politics. why not make it so it steps on the also.

[QUOTE=samlar;2486292]Well I for one know of some humans that act like cockroaches they are in politics. why not make it so it steps on the also.[/QUOTE] Robots don’t ever judge, so your design may be flawed.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2486313]Robots don’t ever judge, so your design may be flawed.[/QUOTE]

Unless their programmed to judge and since a lot of programs can be considered “differential engines”, we have doomed ourselves.:bow: