Future just ordered the asus 52 writer..CRW-5224A

is that the same one you have that does good with safedisk?

sure is.

KICK ASS! just got it for 35$ at NewEgg with free shipping…

hmmm speak of the devil… so this burner is good burning safedisk eh? i happen to have the same burner and im trying to figure out how to burn the raven shield safedisk 2.8

so anyone knows how?

> im trying to figure out how to burn the raven shield safedisk 2.8

Alcohol - use safedisc 1 (not safedisc 2) datatype settings.

Blindwrite - Read: nibble mode without subs; Write: Dao pw (no EWS).

Cd-mate - use safedisc 2 settings (no SAM).

CloneCD - use default Game CD profile.

CloneCD/Fireburner - Read with ccd using Game CD profile with cue; Write with fireburner using dao16 or dao96.

Discdump/Fireburner - Read with discdump in standard or safedisc mode; Write with fireburner using dao16 or dao96.

Discjuggler - Read with Scan gaps/indices, ignore read errors and read raw checked; Write with write raw checked.

Gamejack - I’ve forgotten the settings and I don’t have it installed currently but it can do it with that writer too.

(I hope that the above gives you enough alternatives. :wink: :slight_smile: )

thanks phil mate:bigsmile: i got it working using clonecd

Originally posted by BisayaBoy
thanks phil mate:bigsmile: i got it working using clonecd

is there anyplace where you can still get clone cd anymore? i know its been sold but would like to try a beta before i would buy it from the new company?

Originally posted by Jamos
is there anyplace where you can still get clone cd anymore?

Either get it at http://www.oldversion.com/ or do an ftp search.

thanks ill try it with my asus drive when i get it.

Hi Guys,

I’m quite confused on hwo to copy RavenShield. I’ve got Pioneer DVR-106D, Alcohol 120% version 1.9.2 and CloneCD version 5.2.7.1. When I try to create an image using Alcohol (and some different settings each time), I get some read errors in the beginning. Same with CloneCD. However, when the image is ready and a blank CD is bruned, the CD can be autoplayed but as soon as Play Raven Shield is pressed, “ravenshield.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be closed” is generated. This message does nto appear when the original CD is used. Can anyone explain to me some detailed steps to burn this CD once and forever!?

Thanks for all your help,

Adriano Spiteri