Future Blu-ray/HD DVD Support

vbimport

From what I’ve gathered, Blu-ray and HD DVD ripping are no longer supported in the latest version of DVDFabDecrypter. I don’t know why this is the case (nor have I found a reason), but I’d like to know if Fengtao Software, Inc. has plans to re-include sometime down the road.

I don’t know if legal action has put a hold to its development; it seems unlikely as they’ve been cranking out updates for some time now.

Whatever the reason may be for ceasing support, I’m just curious if they’ll add it back in some time.

Thanks.

[quote=Biggiesized;2128670]From what I’ve gathered, Blu-ray and HD DVD ripping are no longer supported in the latest version of DVDFabDecrypter. I don’t know why this is the case (nor have I found a reason), but I’d like to know if Fengtao Software, Inc. has plans to re-include sometime down the road.

I don’t know if legal action has put a hold to its development; it seems unlikely as they’ve been cranking out updates for some time now.

Whatever the reason may be for ceasing support, I’m just curious if they’ll add it back in some time.

Thanks.[/quote]
there are many threads on this subject already. do a search and you will find them. As of right now the newer Blu-Ray dvd’s are not supported. I am sure dvdfab will support Blu-Ray in the future but I believe only after they know Blu-ray will be staying here

[QUOTE=GJ;2128703]I am sure dvdfab will support Blu-Ray in the future but I believe only after they know Blu-ray will be staying here[/QUOTE]
Isn’t it simply a matter of figuring out how to bypass the latest AACS encryption algorithms?

HD is dead, so I’m guessing this will never be supported.

Blu-ray is here to stay, so my guess is this will be fully supported in the future.

It does support Blu-Ray just not movies made after a certain date. Read the threads about this and you will find out. I believe there is a read first explaining this

[QUOTE=GJ;2128708]It does support Blu-Ray just not movies made after a certain date. Read the threads about this and you will find out. I believe there is a read first explaining this[/QUOTE]

Yo GJ the location of that info can be found in the change log for ver 5.0.8.5 :wink:

[QUOTE=GJ;2128708]It does support Blu-Ray just not movies made after a certain date. Read the threads about this and you will find out. I believe there is a read first explaining this[/QUOTE]

This statement is not completely true because it doesn’t necessarily support all discs before a certain date once you add some key qualifying factors. Those [I]Japanese[/I]-posted [U]AACS[/U] MKBv4 & MKBv7 processing keys only go so far.

Making the support [I]unofficial[/I] was the right thing to do.