Funny movie recommendations?

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Not to be a copycat (hehe) of Kerry’s thread, but my mum asked me earlier if I knew any funny movies she could get for her and my step-dad to watch.

Any kind of humour, old or new (don’t be afraid that something may be too “rude”, they’re pretty laid-back), doesn’t matter - all suggestions are greatly appreciated :flower:

Okay
just these.

If you need something highly politically incorrect, you may wish to check out [B]Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood[/B].

There are a few scenes that are really hilarious… :slight_smile:

Just a few oldies which seem to stand the test of time (for me anyway :slight_smile: ):

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (Steve Martin, John Candy)

The 'burbs (Tom Hanks, Carrie Fisher)

Monty Python & The Holy Grail (you know who’s in that!)

The Great Outdoors (Dan Ackroyd, John Candy)

Blazing Saddles

Less conventionally:

Amelie

…and if you want a nice gentle English B&W comedy: School For Scoundrels (the 1960 version with Ian Carmichael and Alistair Sim)

How old is oldies? I just watched Bringing up Baby for the umpteenth time … and still laffed thru it … Katherine Hepburn cracks me up

some of my favs

The Blues Brothers

Pulp Fiction

Me, Myself & Irene

Jumpin Jack Flash

Beverly Hills Cop I/II/III

Zorro the Gay Blade

pretty much anything Mel Brooks…
Blazing Saddles

Young Frankenstein

History of the World part I

Space Balls

etc

Airplane!

MASH

The Hollywood Knights

I <3 funny movies, so I’ll probably post some more later :bigsmile:

Dodgeball
The water boy
Big daddy
I now pronounce you chuck and larry
The cable guy
Ace ventura
Ace ventura 2

Ya Jwill427 Spaceballs is one of my all time faves :slight_smile:

I would recommend “Bad Santa”. One of the all time great comedies, IMO. Also, “Bruce Almighty” and “Liar, Liar” are a couple more good ones.

I usually get a few laffs out of any of the Jackie Chan movies too

Lets throw in a little animation.

Over The Hedge

Ice Age

Ice Age 2

Shrek 1,2,3

Some others,

Police Academy

Austin Powers

Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me

:cool::cool:

Some very good, funny recommendations.

Did anyone mention Super Troopers?

Ma Ma mia but is not yet on DVD.

Kelly’s Heroes, Cat Ballou, McLintock, Ace Ventura, Mannequin, Just one of the Guys, Major League, K9, On the Buses, Collision Course, Junior, Twins, to name a few, if you need more, let me know. Also Mr Hobbs takes a Vacation, Groundhog Day, Canadian Bacon, Strange Brew.

IMHO, The Big Lebowsky, O Brother Where Art Thou? or One Night at McCools…John Goodman is so, well, good, man…Beware of the constant use of the ‘F’ word in Lebowski, though…

Saw this TV series Many years ago .
The honeymooners

:flower:

ANd from one of the Creators of Red Dwarf , The Pretenderers … It’s hilariously peculiar IMO :cool::bigsmile:

Some great suggestions there guys.

It’s very hard to pick great movies that people won’t have seen but here’s a couple more that most people won’t have seen and I’ve enjoyed.

‘The Actors’ with Michael Caine, Dylan Moran & Michael Gambon.

Also ‘The Matchmaker’ the 1997 version with Milo O’Shea and Janeane Garofalo is one of my favourites with some great Irish style humour.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Airheads :bigsmile:
Meet the Fockers
Ghostbusters II
Ghost Busters
Time Bandits
Happy feet

and this :wink:

Anything with Adam Sandler!

Oh, and as always Monty Python’s quest for the holy grail.
Or any other Monty Python :smiley: