Funeral Homes List Needed

I need the list of California funeral homes with their services

http://www.yellowpages.com/Los-Angeles-CA

What’s the average cost for funeral in US?

http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/The-Average-Cost-of-A-Funeral-in-The-United-States/490478

http://jonesmortuaryllc.com/questions/

Hello Belvedere,

Thanks for the recommendation. I read the article and it’s help me lot. One more question, do funeral directors have the opportunity to take advantage of the bereaved?

Sophia

[QUOTE=sophiawilliam83;2295180]do funeral directors have the opportunity to take advantage of the bereaved?[/QUOTE]
You might have to spell that one out for us. Be more specific.

[QUOTE=sophiawilliam83;2295180]One more question, do funeral directors have the opportunity to take advantage of the bereaved?[/QUOTE]

If you mean “will funeral directors take advantage of people?” then I would say many of them will. I suggest you talk to at least 3-5 funeral homes and get all prices quoted in writing and make sure everything you want is included in the quote.

Many people here in the USA are going the route of cremation instead of burial. That might be an option you may want to consider. Then a wake or memorial service is held in the deceased’s honor. I actually prefer this over viewing a body in a coffin. IMO, it allows more focus to be put on the wonderful qualities of the deceased instead of making the body the focal point. The service/wake is supplemented with photos and other items relating to the person of honor and testimonials are given by their friends and family. I have thoroughly enjoyed, as much as it is possible, many services done in this manner.

Thank you UTR for the information.

[QUOTE=sophiawilliam83;2295180]do funeral directors have the opportunity to take advantage of the bereaved?[/QUOTE]Well, i guess if you plan to live by trusting on everyone’s honesty you will have a very poor sad life.

Be very wary of the things they offer and you don’t want. They’ll try and force you to buy “exclusive package deals”, which are neither exclusive nor a good deal.

Luckily there are such things as legal contracts.

[QUOTE=UTR;2296021]I have thoroughly enjoyed, as much as it is possible, many services done in this manner.[/QUOTE] I guess not everyone goes to the movies on a friday night :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2296146]Well, i guess if you plan to live by trusting on everyone’s honesty you will have a very poor sad life.[/QUOTE]

The OP just might live in an area where it isn’t typical for people to take advantage of others. I don’t think people that chose to trust others necessarily live “a very poor and sad life.” They might just live a very fulfilling and satisfying life that the more cynical among us will never experience. :wink:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2296147]I guess not everyone goes to the movies on a friday night :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Who says they occur on Fridays? Besides, movie theaters are open seven days a week and I don’t have that many friends/family dying. :wink:

[QUOTE=UTR;2296239]The OP just might live in an area where it isn’t typical for people to take advantage of others. I don’t think people that chose to trust others necessarily live “a very poor and sad life.” They might just live a very fulfilling and satisfying life that the more cynical among us will never experience. ;)[/quote] Until someone comes along that rips them of all their money. :eek:

Who says they occur on Fridays? Besides, movie theaters are open seven days a week and I don’t have that many friends/family dying. :wink:
You made it sound like a hobby. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2296279]Until someone comes along that rips them of all their money. :eek:[/QUOTE]

For some that may be an acceptable risk to not be cynical. It might be like falling in love. If you don’t put yourself out there then you may never know the joy it can bring to you.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2296279]You made it sound like a hobby. :)[/QUOTE]

… or just a better alternative to staring at a dead body for several hours.

I’m afraid we scared the original poster enough to flee from the scene. This is going way off topic with you, but i like the friendly discussion so forgive me dear moderators. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=UTR;2296295]For some that may be an acceptable risk to not be cynical. It might be like falling in love. If you don’t put yourself out there then you may never know the joy it can bring to you.[/quote] Dude… you can dream all you want, but society tries killing you, you better be prepared just a little.

or just a better alternative to staring at a dead body for several hours.
The best funeral is the Klingon funeral. “The body is an outer shell, dispose of it as you see fit”.

iam_a_spammer.com is a website who provides information on Funeral Homes, Funeral Services and Cremation Service in US and Canada. They have listed US and Canada funeral homes information with contact details and I collect the information from them website which I am looking for.

I am thankful to all of you for your support.

Sophia

[QUOTE=sophiawilliam83;2297874]I am a spammer.
I am thankful to all of you for your support.
[/QUOTE]… und Tschüss. :cop:

A patient one though. :smiley:
click