Full DVD Copy Help

vbimport

Hello, i backed up a copy of a film, anyfilm will do, and i used anydvd + clone dvd and the result was a good quality copy of the movie…

I want to know how to copy exactly all the dvd into another dvd
and that the resulting dvd has the same menus as the original one…

Another thing that boders my is that when i tray to do a full copy in clone dvd , the quality decreases? why does this happens? isnt the virgin dvd and the movie dvd equal in capacity?

first of all you must know that there are two types of DVD format.
DVD9 - is the most common, it has a double capacity then a usual DVD
DVD5 - the usual DVD format 4.7 /4.5gb/

when you want to backup movies from a DVD9 then you must use some software as DVD Shrink where is it possible to change the quality on bonus stuff and others things.

But the only problem is, that when you want to make another copy from burned dvd its not going to work…dont know why :a

…probably it has to be re-authorized, but then its without menus

Its possible to make an exact copy of the original but the quality will be less than 50% on everything. I use Nero Recode 2 for my re-encoding of movie’s because I too wanted to keep the menu’s etc as original DVD. Basically what Fry is saying is that commercially available DVD writers write to DVD’s with a maximum capacity of 4.7 gigs, and an original movie is up to 9.4 gigs - herein lies a problem. Thats why of course we compress movies to fit, and more often than not take out all the crap thats not necessary so that the main movie is of acceptable quality. My own rules is that at least 75% is spent on the main movie or some stuff will get modded till it is 75% or greater.

clone dvd will copy the complete dvd including menus and dolby sound when selecting you must click on the middle button in the clone menu which is copy dvd, not copy dvd title. when you have selected clone dvd make sure the box called preserve menus is ticked. you will have an exact copy of the original. another easy programme is dvd x copy express which does the same as clone in 3 easy clicks

Another vote for DVDShrink, so easy and it’s free.

But the only problem is, that when you want to make another copy from burned dvd its not going to work…dont know why

Don’t understand this, all you do is copy the files or do a disc copy. It works fine. :confused:

rdgrimes> well it works fine, the DVD is playable, but when I want to make another copy from the burned DVD, by copying it to HDD it fails, also when I use the same program as I did to capture the original DVD, it gives me an error message.
But this is because of using DVD Shrink, the DVD’s made by DVD Decrypter works fine by copying.

Originally posted by fry
rdgrimes> well it works fine, the DVD is playable, but when I want to make another copy from the burned DVD, by copying it to HDD it fails, also when I use the same program as I did to capture the original DVD, it gives me an error message.
But this is because of using DVD Shrink, the DVD’s made by DVD Decrypter works fine by copying.

It’s not because of using Shrink, cause i do it here all the time. :wink:

but I dont do re-author, maybe its because of that.
even if i try to make an image with alcohol 120, it wont work…on all DVDs made by Shrink…

You should be able to copy any backup you have made with DVD Decrypter. ISO-> Read, ISO-> Write.

Gebruik smartripper select all files.
is het groter dan 4.3 GB dan Instant copy HD Naar HD hoe het werkt spreekt voorzich ,dan de pdi file met hetzelfde prog branden .

Originally posted by fry

I have the same problem

When I use dvd copy x it makes good copy but when i try to copy the copy it wont read

when I use shrink + nero 6 it makes a fine copy but when I try to copy the copy using nero-copycd it says not enough space on blank???

when I try to copy the copy using nero-copycd it says not enough space on blank???

Um, are you trying to use a CD compilation instead of a DVD compilation?

I don’t think so I selected the dvd section inbetween hd-burn and cd…

I figured out that I can shrink a dvd burn it with nero and then copy it with dvdcopy x… but I have made quite a few copies with dvdcopy x and I cant re-copy them…

I have not tried to re-shrink and then re-burn a copy’d dvd yet but I suppose it would work…

I would like to know how to make copies from the copies I’ve already made useing dvdcopyx though…

i had a problem once where nero said that there wasn’t enough space to burn a compilation even though it was under 4.38gb, although only very slightly under, so maybe nero has a bug or something where it won’t burn dvds that are nearly filled to the brim. this only happened to me once, and i typically fill my dvds to the brim anyway with nero, so this bug might not occur all the time. i ended up creating an image of the files i was going to burn and burned the image with dvd decrypter, which worked.

as for ur problem, u can try using dvd decrypter to create images of the copied dvds, then using dvd decrypter to also burn the images.

Gebruik smartripper select all files.

English please.

:stuck_out_tongue: