Full disk

vbimport

i was wondering if anybody could help me,
i have just recently made my first attempt to put the movie only from one of my 7gb dvds, onto a normal single dvd.
using dvd back up and dvd2one this worked perfect.

but i am having trouble putting all disk content onto only one single sided dvd.
i used back up again and dvd2one, but i get an error message saying i should use file mode instead of ifo mode.
as far as i can see dvd back up doesnt give u this option when decrypting.
i am using a mac,
i know dvd decrypter gives u the ifo - file option for the pc, but i tried that in file mode and again i had no joy.
so what tools, settings and procedures do people use for doing a full disk copy to one dvd single on the mac.
any help appreciated

You should decrypt in File Mode using a tool such as dvddecrypter.

Then use dvd2one to compress the resulting files. The result should be a recordable set of files ready to be burned onto a DVD using a software such as Nero.

Hi,

I have a problem when i want the full disc, when i play it after burning (nero) i don’t have any sound ?..when i burn only the movie everything works fine ?..what do i do wrong ?

i use: dvddecrypter -> dvd2one 1.1.2

ghostbuster,why are you using such an outdated version?

Originally posted by SLM
[B]i was wondering if anybody could help me,
i have just recently made my first attempt to put the movie only from one of my 7gb dvds, onto a normal single dvd.
using dvd back up and dvd2one this worked perfect.

[/B]

What version of DTOX are you using? What version of OSX 10.xx are you running? I use DVD Backup and DVD2ONEX 1.1.3 with no problems whatsoever on my G4 867 mhz. I do Full backups and Movie only and all work fine.
A little more detail would help.

Originally posted by ghostbuster33
[B]Hi,

I have a problem when i want the full disc, when i play it after burning (nero) i don’t have any sound ?..when i burn only the movie everything works fine ?..what do i do wrong ?

i use: dvddecrypter -> dvd2one 1.1.2 [/B]

When you made a full-disc copy, did you select all the audio tracks, or choose one or two?

Discs will have a default audio track, but if you choose a different one for your DVD2One copy, you may need to manually select it with your remote’s audio button. For example, audio track #1 might be the 6-channel version, and track #2 might be 2-channel stereo. If you selected only the (#2) 2-channel stereo, full-disc mode doesn’t automatically make that the default, but you can use it either through the set-up menus or the audio button.

In movie-only mode, since DVD2One doesn’t have to retain the menus and their assignments, it’ll renumber the audio tracks so if you’ve only selected track #2, it’ll make it track #1 on your new copy. This will be the new default audio when you play the disc.

From what i have heard it is common for nero to produce working dvd video stream but no audio ,Dont use the version of nero you are using.
And go back and use dvd2one 1.1.1 .this does not have option on full disk to select audio streams.
I have not had any problems with this version.
And burnt using vob instant cd or prassi primo.

Sony dru 500 ax also pioneer 105 ,no problems with either using
the above software in combination with each other also dvd dec 3.40 …
But no nero, for some its ok but for others NO SOUND.

Why you all using new version of dvd 2one .i dont think 1.1.1 was broken or that buggy.
Yeah fair enough it might be after you done full disk and you go to burn ,you get please insert blank disc with at least ,etc etc.
But either adjust size in dvd2one user defined dvd size ,or run the already transcoded smaller movie back through dvd2one into another VIDEO_TS folder then burn …
I mean 1.1.1 is excellent for me . Its fast enough ,none of the dvds stutter ,jump ,or have terrible picture quality ,even full bitrate dvds on very close inspection can have artifacts, slight motion distortion and buggy chapters …