Full Disk vs. Clone

vbimport

Have been reg user of DVDFab since v2 and probably backed up 1000+ not counting episodes, etc. Great product. I primarily use the clone mode and preserve as much quality as possible, using Verb DVD5 and DVD9 as applicable.

Have read here recent thread comments in re Clone Mode compatiblity issues. Recently needed to do Full Disk to DL9 to get Wall-E backed up. So my question is:

What is the dfference between a Full Disk backup and a Clone backup?

Keep in mind that for me I am writing to Single and Dual Layer media depending on the original source disk; I don’t want any compression. When using Full Disk I am required to opt for a new layer break (ImgBurn) so obviously this isn’t a defacto clone.

I guess the real question is: Should one use Clone or Full Disk when writing to Dual Layer media when trying to preserve the highest quality and also enhance compatibility??

You’ll get many opinions on that question. I always rip in file mode so I can check for any errors. In Fab’s settings there is the option to keep the original LB. Then I burn the files with ImgBurn. Never had a problem.

[QUOTE=Cincinnati Kid;2163495]I guess the real question is: Should one use Clone or Full Disk when writing to Dual Layer media when trying to preserve the highest quality and also enhance compatibility??[/QUOTE]

quality is the same for either mode. full disc could have compatibility issues when using the available playback options.

Thanks for the input. Wall-E was the first problem I’d had using clone mode in months; seems like others encounter issues using clone so I thought I’d ask the question. The Full Disk options are convenient, but I’ve avoided using them for the same reasons you stated.

When you rip to files, which method do you use? What do you do to check the files for errors…test in PowerDVD or some app like that?

I do check with PowerDVD but I dig deep with PgcEdit.