Full disc is registering as empty

vbimport

:bow:A full disc is registering as empty - pleasehelp Thank you

What are you trying to play the disk on? Is this a dvd video in a standalone player, or are you examining the disk on a computer?

Was this disk made in a standalone dvd-recorder? If so, you might need to finalize the disk.

If its not from a dvd-recorder, you can try opening the disk with ISOBuster. This program may let you save the contents to the hard drive of your computer.

[QUOTE=duncam01;2526247]:bow:A full disc is registering as empty - pleasehelp Thank you[/QUOTE]

what program did you use to write the blank media?? or is it a commercial media?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2526279]What are you trying to play the disk on? Is this a dvd video in a standalone player, or are you examining the disk on a computer?

Was this disk made in a standalone dvd-recorder? If so, you might need to finalize the disk.

If its not from a dvd-recorder, you can try opening the disk with ISOBuster. This program may let you save the contents to the hard drive of your computer.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the speedy response Kerry. I hope this is the correct format for my reply?

I have a new Sony vioa with Windows 7. All the discst hat I have inserted have played apart from one; it is a pre-recorded disc by a local artist, for sale. It will play on the TV DVD but is registering empty on the Vioa. My neighbour has tried everything that he can think of and managed to bring up the title of the disc but not the recording.

Have you any suggestions please?

Thank you

duncam01

The dvd may be a relatively poor burn/copy, and the dvd drive in your Sony computer may not be a very good reader. The combination could be causing your problems on playback.

If you have purchased this disk, you have the right to back it up to another copy. Since it isn’t working in the Sony, you should try another dvd drive in a different computer. DVD drives vary in their reading capabilities…more so than you might think. If it can be read in another computer, rip it to the hard drive and burn to another disk.

Thank you very much. I will try it in a non-sony PC.