Fujifilm

vbimport

In the new Computer Totaal the FujiFilm CD-R's won the test...and at http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ the are in first place too.....

But...on http://www.cdmediaworld.com/ the Fujifilm CD-R's ends at the last place...and are titled being bad...

So I want to know if FujiFilm CD-R's are anything good....and if they are better then Mitsui CD-R's

BTW: I am talking about the 80 minutes CD-R's

Greetzzz,

Sauron

just try them yourself…
it depends on your cdrw drive, burning speed, etc

Since you are Dutch you will understand this posting on the frontpage about the test in the Computer Totaal…

Curious if Computer Totaal will talk about it in the next issue

Any chance someone could post a brief english summary? :confused:

Fuji’s are average CD’s… At least that’s my very own personal opinion… Nice coating to write at…

Hi,

This is all so confusing - many senior members (if not mods) at cd-freaks so TY (who make Fuji discs?) are great but you say they are average.

Others rate TDK / Ritek but many say they are often poor (I know it depends on the manufacturer but if you have to buy them to check, why bother - just pay twice as much for Mitsui and be done with it).

Mitsui / Kodak seem to be the few makes that you can be sure about but at what cost - that is if you can get white-topped 80min Kodak / Mitsui anywhere - a few places but mostly outside the UK and they won’t ship to the UK.

Ice’y

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR
Since you are Dutch you will understand this posting on the frontpage about the test in the Computer Totaal…

I read, and understand it!

Thank you all for the reactions, it seemed Fuji isn’t so super as the Computer Totaal said…but I will try…

Greetzzz,

Sauron

As I’ve said, I think of Fuji as an average brand. It’s good quality but I think a tad pricey. For the same price, I can get Kodak, and Kodak is the best there is.
Nothing bad said about Fuji, but their quality/price is a little “high”. But if you can get them cheap, you’re lucky.
Just my 2 cents…

Are we talking about Fujifilm made by Fujifilm, or Fujifilm made by Taiyo Yuden? :confused:

The Taiyo Yuden ones are better than Fuji’s own. :slight_smile:

are 2 kinds of fuji?/ i thought Fuji only used their own

All the Fujifilm discs that I have were made by Taiyo Yuden. :smiley:

i read story about Taiyo Yuden…one thing i didn’t find in the story

is Taiyo Yuden the factory who produces the tools to press cd’s
or do they press the cd’s theirselves

I’m pretty sure that Taiyo Yuden does the pressing. They also sell CDs under their own name, I think.

The ones that Fujifilm makes for themselves will have Fujifilm in the ATIP information, not Taiyo Yuden.

MultiMedia Masters & Machinery is the company that makes the equipment that other smaller companies use to press CDs.

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/taiyo_yuden.shtml

yes they do sell their own brand…look at the link above…never saw them

seems to be a big company…

I have used Taiyo Yuden made CD-R’s and the ones I have made 4 years ago (mostly Sony 4X) have held up very well. They are a big Japanese company and cranks them out for many companies.

But all of them have green dye - have they ever made gold dye CD-Rs? Just Curious!

Originally posted by BillyG
But all of them have green dye - have they ever made gold dye CD-Rs? Just Curious!

I haven’t seen any Phthalocyanine/Gold. Just Cyanine/Silver.

Most all the CD-Rs enumerated in the link provided by damiandimitri are all Cyanine. The two closest to the top of the list are unspecified, but I have a feeling that T.Y. specializes in Cyanine-based media, though they might use a gold layer instead of silver sometimes.

is it the dye that makes them so good?
…perhaps Cyanine is the best to use…or to produce

Phthalocyanine is said to last over 100+ years (for good discs), but the contrast between pits and lands isn’t very high, which might cause trouble in some readers.

Cyanine is said to last from 20-50+ years (also for good discs), but the contrast between pits and lands is much higher, making them more compatible with a wider range of readers.

I think T.Y. invented Cyanine dye, so that’s why they use it all the time.

thanx…yes i believe to have read that they discovered it…

i believe they even invented the cdr…