Fujifilm (TY manufactured) question?

I just bought a Fujifilm Jewel case CD-R for $0.80 approx. Very costly. I found from this that TY manufacture Fujifilm.

Well it is right.

but, the SmartBurn limit is only 40x.

I thought TYs are high quality & can be burnt @ 48x.

Smartburn displays as follows:

Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
        ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
   Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)

Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden DX-dye
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

My burner: 48125S (FW: 1S01)

Download the latest firmware (1S05) from Lite-On’s site and see if you SmartBurn limits you to 48X.

-Scott

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]

but, the SmartBurn limit is only 40x.

I thought TYs are high quality & can be burnt @ 48x.

[/B]

Turn Smarburn off in Nero and they should burn error free in Nero. Mine do at 52x.

@sonyman

The latest firmware as the well known Overburning Bug. Also, there aren’t enough reasons for me to upgrade the firmware. I am satisfied with this FW.

I know, upgrading the FW can help.

I had a media with SmartBurn limit=40x (48125W - VS06).
The Smartburn limit increased to 48x in VS08 firmware.

Originally posted by Jovo
[B]

Turn Smarburn off in Nero and they should burn error free in Nero. Mine do at 52x. [/B]

Do they really burn error free with smartburn off? I have only one & don’t want to ruin it. They are pretty costly too.

Also, i am going to burn important data on it. I feel insecure to turn smartburn off.

[B]

Do they really burn error free with smartburn off? I have only one & don’t want to ruin it. They are pretty costly too.

Also, i am going to burn important data on it. I feel insecure to turn smartburn off. [/B]

Works everytime for me, but it is your call.

Originally posted by Jovo
[B]

Works everytime for me, but it is your call. [/B]

Thanks for the tip. I’ll think about it.

Does anyone have the 1S05 FW for 48125S loaded?

Hope they can tell me the SmartBurn limit for this media.:wink:

Hey Darshan
Where did you get those Fujis?
40 bucks?! what a ripoff!

I bought it at a local dealer in Dombivli.

Couldn’t find them at Lamington Road. I had been there last week.

I only got one from the dealer after placing an order.

I said there is acute shortage.

darshanjog
you don’t mention what the media is rated at on the package.
If they are the older TY, 24x rated, they should not be burned over 40x and 32x is best. If they are the newer 40x/48x TY, you can butn them as fast as your drive will allow. I burn them at 40x, cause the burn time is about the same as 48x.

[B]

Also, i am going to burn important data on it. I feel insecure to turn smartburn off. [/B]

just burn at or below 40x and you will be fine. honestly, do you really have to burn at 48x. why cant you just burn slowly, it will ony take a little more time and the burn will be reliable.:wink:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
darshanjog
you don’t mention what the media is rated at on the package.
If they are the older TY, 24x rated, they should not be burned over 40x and 32x is best. If they are the newer 40x/48x TY, you can butn them as fast as your drive will allow. I burn them at 40x, cause the burn time is about the same as 48x.

The FujiFilm CD-R I bought has no rating on it. However, on the top side of the CD-R it is printed “Made in Japan”.

Originally posted by cd pirate
[B]

just burn at or below 40x and you will be fine. honestly, do you really have to burn at 48x. why cant you just burn slowly, it will ony take a little more time and the burn will be reliable.:wink: [/B]

OK, i’ll burn at the SmartBurn limit=40x.

If smartburn states they have a 40x limit, then they are likely the older TY media, originally rated 24x.

If smartburn states they have a 40x limit, then they are likely the older TY media, originally rated 24x.

So, burning them @ 40x is OK ???

How about burning one and testing? I burn the older CDR’s at 32x. Some drives will burn them at 40x well enough.

How about burning one and testing? I burn the older CDR’s at 32x. Some drives will burn them at 40x well enough.

The problem is that I have only Fujifilm media (TY manufactured).

The dealer says its the last piece he has. There is acute shortage.

I think the SmartBurn Limit=40x must be safe. Whats your comment.:confused:

If you absolutely need the burn to be perfectl, then burn it at 12x or 16x.

I would burn it at 32x, as it does not appear to be 40x media.

I would burn it at 32x, as it does not appear to be 40x media.

Thanks, 32x seems the safer limit than 40x.