FUJI or not?

vbimport

Hi guys

Just a simple question. I bought 2 days some INTENSO DVD-R and what i found after running the Identifier is this:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:FUJIFILM03]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Fuji Film]
Manufacturer ID : [FUJIFILM03]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Are these FUJI discs or not?

Thanks

FUJIFILM03 are made by “Prodisc” under tech control FujiFilm.
An average media depends on brand carry this MID (A’ or B’ grade product)

Hmm doesn’t have to be prodisc but in the intenso case your probally right however MBIL also is a option.

FUJI hardly produces DVD media themselves. They do licens the productions of there technology to third parties just like Mitsubishi Chemicals Corporation.

Also CMC makes disc’s with FUJI code. They do is at least for Philips (8x DVD-R).

Also the 16x DVD+R with Philipsc16 code is based on FUJI oxonol dye, Philips stamper. These disc’s are mostly produced by CMC.

This is the most easy example that proofs that DYE and MID and actuall producer can be totally different and it isn’t the only one.
So people don’t speak of uses XXX dye based on the MID that’s on the disc.
So posting like How’s media with PRODISCF01 dye are wrong.
Correct is: How’s media with PRODISCF01 MID.

I agree ,but as I have seen in European e-shops and local market, never seen Intenso discs not made by Prodisc. Also most “second class” brands with Fujifilm mid ,probably all made by Prodisc (as I also seen )
-Every well know brand (as Philips) it’s under special agreement with every factory for quality control,know how etc ,so must not compare it with “second class” brand (except in rare case trade A’grade discs)

Intenso have used Optodisc, Ritek, MBIL. -> Check www.instantinfo.de
Optodisc version of +R also ended up in some magazine tests.

The same guys which they also sell cd-r’s from.

Yet, another reason to buy straight from the manufacturer folks. :wink:

I insist because never seen Intenso discs not made by Prodisc in my experience (in local market and eshops) -If you check better, according info provided in database above, there are not Intenso 8x (minus or plus),other than Prodisc http://www.cdr-info.de/detaildvd.php?ID=2533
http://www.cdr-info.de/detaildvd.php?ID=2532

Also “original” 8x Fujifilm DVD-R discs which patented same mid
(FUJIFILM030) always made by Prodisc (if you check Internet) but never seen in same (probably outdated) database to be exist (and also Philips 8x DVD-R)

http://www.cdr-info.de/showdvdanbieter.php

http://www.cdr-info.de/showmid.php?ID=128

So it is most likely only Philips (DVD-R made by CMC) discs use (FUJIFILM030) code under special agreement

Finally Optodisc media are look crap in many burners.Found everytime as B’ grade media even in branded Samsung label discs.

Also there is nothing that I said ealier that points to 8x media only. Your the first to add 8x to help you make a new statment.

But let me then please improve my old statement:
Intenso has done business with Optodisc Ritek in the past and is still doing business with MBIL at least on cd-r’s and maybe on more.

The truth is that we don’t know about FUJIFILM03 code if it’s all prodisc or that MBIL also makes this media for them or have you talked to Intenso ?
Because if they said so I will take your worth on it.

All I can say is that MBIL is still doing business with Intenso at least for cd-r’s and that they also can produce disc’s with the FUJIFILM03 code. So that’s why I said that MBIL also is a option.

The second part about FUJI themselves is incorrect but then again I can understand it because the change that you find 8x FUJIFILM media which is not made by Prodisc is really small still it exists.

TY produced also some FUJI 8x DVD-R.
However I assume that you know thise and we’re talking about only FUJI media with FUJI mid. But even in that case it doesn’t have to be prodisc in rare cases people can actually find FUJI’s disc’s made in Germanny which is FUJI themselves. However I have to say that these are very rare.

Not only Philips gets FUJIFILM03 media from CMC/MBIL also Imation does and Memorex als has CMC manufacturerd media with FUJIFILM03 code (which also ended up as A-grade overprint)

Some proof of MBIL philips
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=2601

And we have MMORE getting MBIL produced media with FUJIFILM03 code. So that’s also a B-Brand. So why not intenso ??

About Optodisc they can produce some good media however we seem to get all crap stuff in Europe.
Also don’t forget Optodisc makes licensced DVD-RAM disc’s for Maxell.

FROM MBIL I know they have the code. Some friends got samples from MBIL with FUJIFILM03 code. And MBIL also made some words in the open about that they got it and there is Imation, Philips, MMORE media that states made in India and has FUJIFILM03 code like I said above.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=2601

Every manafacturer look for co-operations with developments or trading firms to do business and make their plants to work.-This doesn’t mean ,firms always do business with every one ,even them have know how,except only for cost purposes or availability problems for some reasons.

Every little “curious” optical media customer only try look at media code and “made in”.-It most easy also to believe to purchase,everything simply widely available (or explained) by reseller .So the little chance for everything else is waste of time looking for.With this mind every combination is possible!

Fuji 8x DVD-R

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 50 72 6F 64 69 73 (Prodis)
Disc TID = 63 46 30 31 00 00 (cF01…)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = Prodisc Technology Inc.
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 8.0X (Write)

well i really havent had anything bad from prodisc, maybe i am just lucky, now cmc mag media on the other hand is hit or miss for me

I have the same experience.

What concerns Fujifilm DVD-R 8x that I have:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:ProdiscF01]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Prodisc Technology Inc.]
Manufacturer ID : [ProdiscF01]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

** INFO : Drive = TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-R5272 [FW 1031]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+RW DVD+R
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD-RW DVD-R
** INFO : Disc = [DVD-R:ProdiscF01]

** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 5540 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 2770 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
** INFO : MODE SENSE Is Obsolete And Not Properly Supported By Some Drives
Descriptor #1 = 5645 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 2822 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #3 = 2117 KBPS ( 1.53x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
Descriptor #4 = 1764 KBPS ( 1.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #5 = 706 KBPS ( 0.51x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
** WARNING : Drive May Have Returned Incorrect Descriptors

** INFO : Hex Dump Of ‘Control Data Zone’-Block Listed Below
** INFO : 4-Byte Header Preceding ‘CDZ’-Block Discarded
** INFO : Format 10h - Format Information Of Control Data Zone
0000 : 25 02 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 12 7f 00 00 00 00 %…&…

** INFO : Hex Dump Of ‘Media Code’-Block Listed Below
** INFO : 4-Byte Header Preceding ‘Media Code’-Block Discarded
** INFO : Format 0Eh - Pre-Recorded Information In Lead-In
0000 : 01 40 80 12 23 00 52 00 02 88 0d 0c 88 88 90 00 .@…#.R…
0010 : 03 50 72 6f 64 69 73 00 04 63 46 30 31 00 00 00 .Prodis…cF01…
0020 : 05 b8 83 00 30 00 01 00 06 09 0f 10 88 78 90 00 …0…x…
0030 : 07 29 82 10 21 00 00 00 08 05 17 0d 0f 07 07 00 .)…!..
0040 : 09 96 06 0d 0b 78 88 00 0a 80 00 00 00 00 10 00 …x…
0050 : 0b 05 1a 17 96 77 75 00 0c 7c df b9 93 11 11 00 …wu…|…

see, i have only used prodisc +r , i forgot to say that

MCC does some of its own production; AFAIK all of the dual-layer discs are made at the MCC plant in Singapore. There may still be some single-layer production there but if so, not much.

Also found here MCC 4x DVD+RW “made in Singapore” but costs more than the expensive new Sony DVD+RW “made in Japan”.