Fuji Gold Fakes?

I ordered 5 (10pk) of Fuji Gold last week and I just recieved teh shipment and it is ProMaster PhotoImage CD-R…code 5140 Made in Taiwan A3115IH2827533LH.

700MB/80 Min
48x Compatible

Did I get ripped off? :confused:Thanks, JAS

I went ahead and opened the package as they were in opened condition upon arival anyways. I did a scan and here it is. I hope this helps. Thanks, JAS

Any help here before they ship the other 3 packs of 10?

They are legit Fuji media, but manufactured by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan. Fuji doesn’t manufacture CD nor DVD media anymore, they are just rebranding media manufactured by Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, some uknown manufacturer using Plasmon technology and CMC.

[QUOTE=pepst;1957997]They are legit Fuji media, but manufactured by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan. Fuji doesn’t manufacture CD nor DVD media anymore, they are just rebranding media manufactured by Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, some uknown manufacturer using Plasmon technology and CMC.[/QUOTE]

Still not sure about no production from FUJI.
Black and Pro-Black printables seem to be out there.
The return of the profesional stuff is suprising because they have been unavailable for some time !
I can confirm that the MID and the other stuff is all pointing to FUJI Germany.
So 2 options:
A Limited production is still done from time to time
B FUJI found some stock back in their warehouses.

Keep in mind this counts for europe.

[QUOTE=pepst;1957997]They are legit Fuji media, but manufactured by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan. Fuji doesn’t manufacture CD nor DVD media anymore, they are just rebranding media manufactured by Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, some uknown manufacturer using Plasmon technology and CMC.[/QUOTE]I’ve also had some Fuji-SKC CD-R that were not too good…

I’m still sitting on 3x10 Fuji Gold CD-R that are Made in Germany.
IIRC at least summer this year some production was still around? :confused: