Fuji CDRs: 16x, 24x, 32x, or 48x?

vbimport

From reading threads at this forum, I believe all of these CDRs (in the U. S.) are manufactured by Tayo Yuden. Correct?

I use a Yamaha CRW-F1 (USB) CD-RW drive connected to my laptop via a USB 1.1 port (max transfer rate ~5.5x).

I want to use the Fuji CDRs to burn audio CDRs, either at 4X (audio master mode) or 1X (normal mode).

It sounds like the lowest rated media (i.e. the 16X) media would be the best match for my recording habits. Correct?

Has the cyanine dye in these discs been continuously reformated for higher and higher burn speeds, or is the dye unchanged, but the marketing label simply changed?

If I purchase 16x rated media, is this going to be old stock (i.e. 1 -2 years old) or recently manufactured?

Finally, any comments on how these CDRs are for audio CDRs vs. Mitsui Gold/Silver CDRs?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

the lowest rated media (i.e. the 16X) media would be the best match for my recording habits. Correct?

There are no currently made 16x or lower media, so you will be buying older stock. Not a problem though, it should work fine. Suggest you get some audio media, it’s supposed to be certified for 1x burning. You really should get a USB-2 card and burn faster!