Fuji Audio 30 pack = Ritek

As some may remember, a little while ago those were on sale for $1.98 after IR @OMax :

They’ve finally arrived to me from NYC and here’s the ATIP :

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR (A-)
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead In = 97:15:17
Lead Out = 79:59:73
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f/LBA:359848)
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK Corporation
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = Wrt(52X),Rd(52X)

Yup, that cakebox in the photo definetly looks like RiTEK to me. It’s a shame that Fujifilm are switching to all different manufacturers for their media. :frowning:

Originally posted by terminalvelocd

Yup, that cakebox in the photo definetly looks like RiTEK to me.

It’s a shame that Fujifilm are switching to all different manufacturers for their media. :frowning:
The cakebox is exactly the same as the other Ritek 50 pack cakeboxes I got here.

They better switch to Ritek than to Prodisc, IMHO.

the spindle in the top picture is different from the one in the bottom picture. the top ones are the infamous color swirl ones, which makes me wonder who the manufacturers of the new swirl ones are since fuji now has at least two manufacturers (prodisc and ritek).

Originally posted by AZImmortal

the spindle in the top picture is different from the one in the bottom picture. the top ones are the infamous color swirl ones, which makes me wonder who the manufacturers of the new swirl ones are since fuji now has at least two manufacturers (prodisc and ritek).
I guess your queries should be refered to those @OMax who were responsible for the above ad.
The only thing which is right here is the price - $1.98 for 30 and that’s the case :bigsmile:

Mine, i.e. Ritek, is exactly the same as the bottom cakebox.
In fact, I displayed it here in order to sound more correct about the look of the Fuji Audio 30 pack.

yeah, the officemax deal was definitely for the swirls (i picked up a few spindles myself, which ended up being TY), so i’m not sure why u ended up with the audio ones instead. maybe they ran out of them and replaced them with the audio ones.

Okay, I think I get the picture -
there was advertised one thing and sold the other or even either depending on the store, I guess.

maybe they ran out of them and replaced them with the audio ones.
I’ve no idea - that was an online purchase, he-he :bigsmile: .
Although those lagger bought for me were still made by TY :cool:

Boskin,

I bought a 100 pack set of Fuji’s at Best Buy a couple of months ago that were labeled “Made in Japan”. They came in the same cakebox that you show on the left of the picture a couple of messages above.

My question: Are Ritek’s “Made in Japan” (I know the Prodisc’s are not)? I have not used any of those discs, however, for the price that they were going for at the time, I could not resist picking them up.

Thanks,
Paul

Originally posted by Saruman

I bought a 100 pack set of Fuji’s at Best Buy a couple of months ago that were labeled “Made in Japan”.

My question: Are Ritek’s “Made in Japan”

Hi Paul !

“Made in Japan” is a certain sign of the Fuji made by Taiyo Yuden.
Let me just refer you to AZImmortal’s words :

yeah, the officemax deal was definitely for the swirls
( i picked up a few spindles myself, which ended up being TY )

The Fuji ( by TY ) I got here have a more common look though:

As for your 2nd question, all the Ritek media is made in Taiwan www.ritek.com.tw/cor.htm

Thanks, BoSkin.

Originally posted by Saruman

Thanks, BoSkin.
You’re welcome, Paul ! :smiley: