Fuji 8X+R -> TY T02/00 It is real...my search is over!

An earlier thread alerting us to this new Fujifilm 8X +R packaging which looks like this:

If you have Fry’s near you then you should definitely go and check. As I was browsing inside Fry’s this afternoon…A whole stack of Blue Fujifilm Cakebox caught my attention. As I walk closer I can see all of them are in TY 50pack Trademark shape Cakebox. A little closer it reads: DVD+R, Up to 8X, MADE IN JAPAN printed on the Label :iagree: It looks identical to the picture above.

To top it off the regular price is $39.99…There is a $10 rebate to bring it down to $29.99 + tax. The rebate is good for 50Pack +R, -R and 25Pack +R; expires 9/30 so plenty of time left. You can claim max. of 3 rebate per product type - upto a max. of $75 rebate amount.

Sure enough, pop one in DVDINFOPRO:

Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID YUDEN000T02
Media Product Revision Number 00h
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Default DVD+RW book type DVD+RW
Default DVD+R book type DVD-ROM
Media Id Code Speed 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 5.9x 8112KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Linear Density Blank Disc
Track Density Unknown
Number of Layers 1

00000000 01 02 00 00 A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 05 3F …&.?
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 59 55 44 45 4E 30 30 30 54 …YUDEN000T
00000020 30 32 00 38 23 54 37 10 02 4E 72 02 8C 63 16 16 02.8#T7…Nr…c…
00000030 0B 0B 0A 0A 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0C 0D 01 00 00 00 00 …

The media top is normal Fuji branded matt silver with “Made in Japan” and “Up to 8X” printed…No worry about getting fake stuff.

If Fry’s or Newegg carry these I would imagine most of the Chain stores will too…Good luck finding them folks.
Now I do have an excuse to get a NEC 3500A to test 16X burns :bigsmile:
Yet to make my first burn but I do not expect to be disappointed doing these at 8X in my 2500A :wink:

thanks for the tip.
Lets see if we can see them here in Europe.

It is sad that these good discs are sold this way.
Many people will be buying them without knowing what they are.
Its like spoiling them.

Good luck with your overburning adventures. :slight_smile:

Is the rebate just for Fry’s? If not, can you post a link to the pdf?

I was wondering if you could use the rebate if you bought this item from newegg.

So if i find those discs at a online retailer, what are the odds they are taiyo yuden?

The rebate is just for Fry’s…

My guess is if the online retailer can confirm the label reads “MADE IN JAPAN” and “UP To 8X” for you before you order then it would be TY T02. Otherwise it would still be a crapshot I believe.

Just got some in Texas and they are TY T02. The barcode is 0 74101 75059 1 in case that helps anyone looking to get them somewhere other than fry’s. If I read the rebate right, it is limit three rebates per product, and there are three products +r 50pk, -r 50 pk, +r 25 pk. So I could get three +r 50 paks and 3 +r 25 paks and get six rebates right? Does anybody know if the 25 pk are TY also?

I just checked the Austin, TX Fry’s today. They didn’t have the 50 pack +R in stock but the 25 pack +R and 25 and 50 pack -R all were marked made in Taiwan. Maybe they’ll get the TY “made in Japan” ones in later in the month. Still waiting to try some of the famous TY.

Mike

Has anybody burnt these on a liteon 851s before? the first two I burnt had k-probe scans almost off the charts (pi around 1500, po in the hundreds for big sections and the rest wasen’t that great either). I’m guessing it is because the firmware I am using is from 5 months before these disks even exsisted. I have keept with an older firmware because of the great burns I have been getting with other disks I have now. I guess it’s time to upgrade?

I´ve read somewhere that TY DVD+R 4x are better than the 8x ones. Is that true or are the 8x ones as good as the 4x ones when writing at 8x? I ask because my online store now finally offers TY +R but only 8x ones…

I saw these yesterday at Fry’s. I remember seeing the distinctive cakebox from about 20 yards away. Made in Japan and everthing. I ended up not picking them up because I didn’t recall seeing Fuji 8x +Rs listed as TY T02 on videohelp.com, so I hesitated (they still aren’t listed there). Now that I know for sure, I’ll being going back to get some!!

When a specific firmware doesn’t support YUDEN000T02 as well as YUDEN000T01/01, it could be possible that writing to YUDEN000T01/01 could result in less PIF’s than writing to YUDEN000T02. My Samsung TS-H552B does not support YUDEN000T02 well, for instance. However, YUDEN000T02 is way better than YUDEN000T01/00 and YUDEN000T01/01 in most drives. Get YUDEN000T02 if you can. I’ve had nearly one thousand T02 and the only reason I didn’t have 10,000 or 50,000 T02 is because I’ll have more of T03 and Blu-ray.

That looks like US$0.6 for YUDEN000T02, about as cheap as Fusion 4x DVD+R in South Korea which is also YUDEN000T02. Why not buy ND-3500A as well if you can have Fuji 8x DVD+R with YUDEN000T02 code? :slight_smile:

I am running a liteon 851s and have been getting horrible scans with them. I have tried gsoa and gsof. Any sugestions of what 851s firmware works well or if any of the 851s@832s firmwares work? I was also thinking of switching the firmware to use YUDEN000T01 write stratagy for YUDEN000T02 disks. What do you think?

I didn’t try YUDEN000T01/T02 media but CG1B/CG2B firmware for 812S/851S/832S seems to be the best so far. Look into some latest threads in the Lite-On forum. I also have 851S but haven’t tried it much.

Ah yes, those beautiful, typical TY cake boxes (only TY seems to use them). I remember buying a lot of TDK Metallic labeled TY CD media in those boxes, at the same price of Ritek or even Moser Baer India TDK Metallics…

My Verbatim Pastel YUDEN000T02s arrived today (in slim boxes, about twice the price you lucky bastards paid for yours…). Whatever, looking forward to 16x burning with the NEC 3500. :slight_smile:

That typical cake boxes are no longer exclusive to TY anymore. Somehow the new Kodak cdrs are packed with these boxes and have Gigastorage cdrs in them.

It’s Verbatim media that are expensive, not TY. I’ve never seen cheap Verbatim DVD media unless faked. :iagree:

What the hell has happened to Kodak? Gigastorage discs? Kodak optical media is not available here anymore, not even online. Kodak used to make some of the very best CD media there was (original Kodak gold discs, probably the best discs ever), this is just …sad.

Thanks for the info though.

Tell you what Kenshin, these Verbatims are about the cheapest TY 8x discs available over here. If I want to save about 5-10 cents per disc, I have to order a ton from some online vendor; unlabeled bulk media that is. Now you see how desperate the TY situation (as far as DVD media is concerned at least) over here really is… :wink:

But that’s only because Taiyo Yuden is really serious about selling their products to retail and OEM. All South Korean and Taiwanese and Chinese manufacturers of CD and DVD media will sell on large amount of order to anyone regardless of their reliability and service. Taiyo Yuden does business only with very reliable partner. In South Korea, there’s only one authorized TY dealer, Fusion. Look at supermediastore.com for instance. Thousands of media resellers and importers use their own names they created to sell more media and don’t tell their customers who makes their products where and how. Therefore, there are very few TY dealers from which the retailers get the media to resell to end users.

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1733-100

100-pack of TY 8x DVD+R for US$85 and five 100-pack for US$410. Why is it that expensive for US buyers when you earn about five times as much as South Korean buyers who pay US$60 to US$70 for Fusion 4x DVD+R or Fusion 4x DVD-R? (4x DVD+R is YUDEN000T02 while 4x DVD-R is TYG01.) If 500 discs are too much for one-person consumption, share them with your family or friends or forum friends who live near your home. I do it always, have done so for over 10 years, because that was the only way to have something for other than the price controlled by Samsung or LG, voluntary grassroot consumer movement, sort of.

When you buy Verbatim TY DVD+R 8x media, you are paying for Mitsubishi-guarantee plus Taiyo Yuden quality, the two best players of optical media in the world.

Support the ones that provide good products at reasonable cost. Make the rest of the resellers go out of business to make way for the competitive ones. There are people all over the web in various forums looking for very cheap CD and DVD media in North America and in Europe. Most of them don’t really think much about where the products they are paying for are made by whom and through which channel they are coming to their hands. Sometime in the future, consumers will be able to look at the production lines online in real-time, the key to a perfect prosumerist economy.

It seems you got me wrong, I definitely don’t mind paying more for high quality media, that’s what I’ve been doing for ages, too. I pay the (still too high) prices of those Verbatims, although I could buy 3 times the amount of very good Ricoh R02 DVD+Rs for the same price. My point is that Taiyo Yuden should finally get their act together and start flooding Europe with their media. :wink: This market is NOT just dominated by cheap stuff. Expensive Verbatim is the No.1 in Europe (Verbatim Homepage)! I am just saying: Make the media more available to ‘normal’ European consumers, and once they find out about the quality of the product, they will buy it. It’s not primarily a price issue, the media is rare, too.

The North American market seems similar, although the media itself seems to be more available and cheaper.